Lowest prices for your stay
$32
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/26/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Expedia.com$32
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2012

For the price of £5 for the night (agoda) we managed to get a lovely spacious room, double bed, fridge and our own bathroom which isn't common for cheap guest houses in Thailand. We thought the lounge area was lovely as it is full of beautifully made wooden furniture and the staff are very friendly and its nice and cool, as was the room which was a blessing after a hot day exploring the temples. They offer a lovely river boat tour visiting 3 temples and ending at the night market and that was a great trip to start our time in Ayutthaya. Everything was clean and the food here, although more expensive than a lot of places is very delicious and fresh. We had a very relaxing, comfortable stay at the Baifern and the staff were more than happy to help our every need.

Room tip: We stayed in room 4, whcih was nice, not sure what the other rooms are like
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have mixed feelings about this guest house and we did only stay for one night.

We were welcomed by really friendly people, they were so so nice and helpful. The main house where the loung is lovely and really nice just to relax in. The location was excellant. We also ate and had their homecooked food which was lovely some of the best we ate in Thailand.

However the bedrooms were very basic and outdated, no flushing toilet water but they were clean. We only paid £5 for the night and you get what you pay for!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nikkidavies2005
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very cosy and nice clean rooms. Helpfull staff, central but still very quiet. We felt welcome at once!

Date of stay: July 2012
3  Thank CindieC
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here three nights. The first two i was more than happy, the son and daughter were ever so helpful and always cheerful. The food is a little pricey but really fresh, tasty and clean. The room had a very thin curtain that didn't allow for much privacy, there were a few bugs in it, the fan was noisy and and the sink tap didn't work. I liked the room though becuase it was very spacious with a nice high ceiling and the mattress was thick and substancial.
It is in a very quiet place away from the centre. There is nothing much going on and you are a bit isolated there. It does however have a beautiful dining area and garden. Where repellant at all times the mosquitos there are hungry critters.
I felt more than comfortable there until i agreed to having a massage (after being asked time and again but the resident guy there - can't remember his name - apologies). It was a horrible experience and i would not wish it on anyone else. I asked for a 1 hour back massgae and i actually got a two hour full body. The guys English is terrible so it was really awkward trying to communicated. He slapped on loads of tiger balm like stuff and my skin was burning and numb but i assumed it was probably a good technique. I have quite a bit if tension in my lower back and abdomen. He pounded the hell out of my back and then moved on to my abdomen. His hands were continually running very low into my knickers and i was forever telling him to stop it. He kept saying it was to do with the flow and not to worry. I told him a couple of times but he didn't take a great deal of notice. At one point he cupped my breasts and again i had to insist he didn't. There were other people in the room but i didn't realise until the end (because my eyes were shut) that he appeared to be watching them to make sure they weren't looking. When he was pulling and pushing my legs around i am fairly sure his groin area was rubbing into me (and i thought i could feel an erection). In the end i pulled my leg away and walked off. I can't really excuse it whichever was i look at it. I've never had such an intrusive massage and he knew i was uncomforable. Needless to say i was much more tense afterwards and i felt violated.
When i checked out they tried to charge me double for the massage even though i asked for 1 hour. I refused and they took it off the bill without any argument.
The massage guy shoved the guest book in my face and tried to insist on me writing something. It was all getting a little bit freaky by this point.
The son then told he i could not get a bus to Wang Noi from the local bus station. This was contrary to information i had already obtained from a travel information office. He told me to go to a different place altogether the other side of the river and i took his word for it. The tuk tuk was due to cost 150 baht which seemed fair considering the extra distance. The driver ended up taking me to the local bus station anyway and he tried to double the price on the way there. I told him i would give him what everyone else had charged me to get into the centre which was 50-60 baht.
After trying to stop me getting out of the tuk tuk he eventually relented. I was amazed that the son had set me up and arranged for such an awful man to take me. I don't mind being overcharged now and then but as long as they treat you nicely and do what they say they are going to do.
I am totally appauled and rather than look after this here guest they totally took the p**s out of me. Sometimes you get a much harder time when you are on your own and this is one of those occasions.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was there in mid april and stayed there 1 week.
They have a beautiful garden to just sit around and have some food.can have a cup of coffee or beer and just watch the time passed by.or you can sit around in the common room and read a book or request for massage.The space to just hang out is spacious and well taken care.
The lady boss is also a great chef.She serve excellent thai dishes.She run the show with her family.All helpful and friendly people.the cheerful family is always ready to assist in any ways.feels a bit of homeliness there.
The fan room is huge at a very affordable price.The air con rooms is very nicely done.feels cozy to be there as there are t.v and fridge in the room.
to put it simply, for the price im paying, im getting free coffee/tea and fruits and a room with private bathroom plus welcoming people who run the show daily.And there are lots of attractions which can be done on foot or bicycle.good location to wind down and take it easy.
the only down side is there are lots of mosquito in the whole city.But they sell effective repellant there.
Will be going to stay there again soon.Good value for $$$ deal! Enjoy!
Peace