This is a bit of a mix bag. We stayed for three nights- originally 2 but extended because of service and location.
- ladies that run the place are incredibly helpfull and kind. Helped us with onward travel and advice on what to do
- feels quite safe and secure
- good food at fair prices
- location is right next to train station and ferry to the island where most temple sites are. Albeit a good 20 min walk is required after that.
- we stayed in new room downstairs (not one of the attractive Thai style rooms) which had a glass door. This had a curtain but it didn't come right down to floor. My gf found this slightly disconcerting.
- the room had loads of Mosquitos we killed as many as possible but we were both bitten several times
- there was a dreadful smell from toilet when we flushed. So bad we tried not to flush unless necessary.
- poor drainage caused our toilet/wet room to flood first night.
Please don't be too put off by bad points it's not a bad establishment and I would stay again but I would not recommend downstairs rooms.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Baan Are Gong Riverside Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.