“Clean and good value for money”
Review of Sherwood House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ayutthaya
Sherwood House
Ranked #46 of 74 Ayutthaya B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Clean and good value for money”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Compared to the other accomodations available in Ayutthaya, I think that Sherwood House is one of the best value for money. We've visited 2 or 3 dirty and/or noisy and/or expensive guesthouses in the city center before getting at Sherwood.

We had a clean and comfortable AC room with shared bathroom for just 450 baths (good price for this type of room in Ayutthaya).

In addition, we had access to a very good restaurant with good prices. After a busy day, you can also relax in the pool...difficult to find another location in Ayutthaya offering that ;-)

And the Guesthouse was very quiet!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WillouC

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed August 19, 2013

So this was the only place I could find to book my trip to Ayutthaya that wasn't an expensive hotel, and I was pleased to find it. It's in a good location, in walking distance from the sights and some great food, I got a double room to myself for a great, low price, and the owners and management are both Thai and English, and they're lovely and helpful. It's a LITTLE tricky to find when you first get to the city, so make sure you have the address written in Thai as your only option is to take a cab or tuk-tuk there. I didn't like the city itself, so I ended up spending a lot of time in my room or in the pool outside (which is lovely and clean, it just had too many children). I spent two lovely, comfortable nights there, and slept incredibly, so I'm very glad for my time here.

Room Tip: Book a room with an air conditioner, it's cool and refreshing, and you'll sleep better!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Buenos Aires
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I visited in November 2010. Why three stars? Well, there was nothing remarkable about the place, other than a free swimming pool, which I did not utilized, but it is there, so enjoy. There is a market nearby for your dose of Pad Thai every night, and there was a fair when I was there (very cool). Rent a bicycle from next door (or a motorbike for those temples far away) and go there. Hey, three stars is not bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it was fine. We paid 480TBH for an a/c room; it was spacious, the a/c worked really well and there was a fan too. The beds weren't very comfortable, but not the worst we've had... however, the sheets were pretty dirty. Also, the bin in our room hadn't been emptied from the previous guests. The shared bathroom was fine; clean and the shower worked well. The swimming pool was a nice addition for this level of accommodation. The location was excellent; just down the road from the main temples at the historical park. We rented bikes from the guesthouse (50TBH each) and they did the job. The restaurant did pretty good food, although there were a couple of miscommunications with orders. The free WiFi worked well (we managed a Skype call on it). So, a good place to stay for a couple of days but for the price it'd be nice if it was a little better maintained.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a simple guesthouse with just five rooms and a shared bathroom, which was no problem. It has several advantages including a central location within walking distance of the heritage park, a free swimming pool for guests which is great after a hot days sightseeing and a very good street food area just round the corner.
The staff were really friendly and helpful to the point of getting my rucksack repaired within a couple of hours.
At the price charged it is really good value and we strongly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Easily the MOST friendly and helpful guesthouse we stayed in on our 3 week holiday. Restaurant served lovely food and the pool was clean and inviting. Staff couldn't have helped us more... showed the best Thailand has to offer. Strongly recommend. Value for money too!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while exploring Ayutthaya on bicycles, and the swimming pool was exactly what we needed to cool off and relax. We pretty much had it to ourselves because there are only a few rooms in the hotel.

The room itself was perfectly comfortable and spacious, slightly annoying only having one toilet/bathroom upstairs because while other quests were using/waiting for the showers we had to use the pool bathroom which wasn't ideal.

Location was great but Ayutthaya isn't a very big place, so not too difficult, and the service was lovely. The two ladies couldn't have been friendlier and were also very kindly concerned with my scraped knees and my friend's sunburn! We rented bicycles from here which I would highly recommend, much easier to see around the ruins.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends