“Good hotel for a 1 night sleep”

The Lima Place Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Ayutthaya
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We are on a 2 month winter holiday traveling all over Thailand. This is one of our stays.

We just overnighted at this hotel. Certainly no 5 star resort. I believe it was rated as a 3 star hotel, I would say it was a good 2 star. Room seemed clean and everything worked. A very good bargain hotel.

Good value

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rocco T
There are newer reviews for The Lima Place Hotel

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I thought it was nice that it wasn't in the city center. It's quiet hotel suitable for relax.
The hotel provide you the motorcycle or bicycle for rent. It is inexpensive.
Also it is Free wifi in room. If you're looking for the good budget hotel. I recommend this
will be the good choice for you.

Room Tip: VIP room has got the hotel water and refrigerator. You have to booking via their website. Lucky me...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank martin l
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is very nice. Check in staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is clean
and spacious. Even it is out of the way but I think it was suitable for the price I have paid.
Also free wifi in room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank nicky c
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I noted mixed reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor and when I booked it was the only hotel available on hotels.com in Ayutthaya, it was only a brief stay of around 8 hours so I thought I'd give it a try. I always use hotels.com for hotel bookings.
We were driving from Chiang Mai to Ayutthaya (700km) and knew we would be late arriving so called the hotel in the afternoon to advise them and confirm the front desk would be open. They confirmed 'yes'.
We arrived in Ayutthaya and called them twice for directions. When we arrived at the hotel (which is not at the location shown on the hotels.com map) it was 1am, I said hello to the boy at the front desk in Thai, he didn't respond, he just kept searching on the computer and in files for something, presumably our booking. This went on for nearly half an hour, there was no communication from this member of staff, we were tired and getting more and more frustrated. He then asked to see my e-mail confirmation which I showed him on my iPhone. He looked at this for a long time, still no communication. He then asked if I could forward the e-mail to him which I did right away. I kept asking him - Do you have my copy of the booking confirmation? He said yes. I asked - Do you have a room available? He said yes. So I asked him to let us have the room and they can resolve their problem in their own time. He wouldn't do this. He was talking to someone on the phone and asked me to talk to them. This person was very rude and abrupt and said 'I will come to the front desk'. When she arrived it was clear that she had been pulled from her bed, I don't know who she was I assume the off duty manager. She was going to make it very clear that having to deal with this was absolutely not her problem or mistake, was again very rude and abrupt, no smile, no apology. At this point I was at the end of my tether, I called hotels.com customer service, they were very helpful and advised they would keep me on hold and call the hotel. This woman at the front desk answered the phone and then gave the phone to me. I was speaking to the same hotels.com agent who advised me she had not finished talking to the hotel staff, so I passed the phone back. The woman advised the hotels.com agent that 'WE HAVE A ROOM' and seemed like she gave her name to the agent. The agent then spoke to me again and stated that the problem should be resolved and the room ready.
The hotel staff then advised me they have a room available but can't find the room key! This resulted in another wait of over 15 minutes with no communication from them. I asked them what was happening now and they said the room was ready and the key was in the room. They took a 200THB deposit. We went to the room and it became clear that there was no key for this room. They obviously just expected us to lock the door and ask to be let into our room whenever we decided to go out. The room was dirty with ants everywhere. The sheets were stained and dirty. There was no minibar as advertised. There was no hot shower. This is not noted on the hotels.com website and should be clearly pointed out. For me and most western people, cold shower means no shower, and I believe this falls below a minimum standard that hotels.com should adhere to. This place would be more suited to a hostel website and should less than half the price they charge. It would have been easier to sleep in the car.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, I'm afraid you'll have to find another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
21  Thank GlobetrotterLDN
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Have just checked in having booked (and paid!) for a double room with hot water. Turn up to a twin room with no hot water and it's the most disgustingly dirty room I've ever seen. The toilet is full of cobwebs that are clearly months old as they have so many bugs stuck in them. Hair all over the floor and the pillow cases look like they've never seen the inside of a washing machine. An absolute joke of a hotel - more like a hell hole than a hotel. None of the staff speak a word of English either

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The thing we liked most about this hotel was the bike rental option. We pedalled to the city and took our time looking around. It was a wonderful day. Also the food was excellent and an amazing value for money.
It is a bit far out of town but this is easily overcome with the plentiful transport options.
The Lima Place hotel is an excellent value. From the inexpensive rooms to the Free wifi
to the excellent meals. It was an all around great stay. The only down side is that it is quite a way out of town. The city itself is very flat so it is easy to pedal around on one of the 50 baht / day pedal bikes the hotel will rent you. You can also rent a motorbike or car if you prefer.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We may have said it all before! The hotel is in not very convenient at all, far from the city, travel difficult not suitable for people without a car to stay and noisy from sound of the train. When overflow parking for all permit, there are parking outside behind the hotel is in the dark and not safe. Large rooms but is not completely and no lift. Room is suitable to take a bed only,not suitable to stay for long holiday. Cheaper price but not comfortable. Not sleep that night and I needed into the city to open another room another room at the River Place hotel instead.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple