“Nature at the Best”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nature at the Best”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Mudumalai National Park is so beautiful and dense forest, one has to be careful while driving as there are wild elephants which are sometimes get wild we had a elephant attack but was saved by the experience of our driver, the Government safari trip is horrible the buses are poorly maintained the buses make such a noise that all the animal will run away

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Chennai (Madras), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Glimpsing the Mudumalai”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went for a drive to Mudumalai from Bandipur to experience the dense forests of Mudumalai. being the monsoon season, the under growth was very thick and the lush green cover of the forest was simply a treat to our eyes. Spotting the elephants and the deer grazing lazily on those green grass unmindful of the human eyes watching them are a sight by itself. Though we missed the forest department's safari, we could get the glimpse of the Mudumalai forests from the road. I would return to this place soon to experience Mudumali deeper!

1 Thank bpartha75
“My first trip to Mudumalai”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We reached this place at 12:30 pm since we hired a vehicle and drove from ooty to mudumalai by ourselves. The road that goes up to this place was so panaromic and truely a time to enjoy God's creation and symphony. upon reaching we took a safari ride that charged us 600 rupees for an hour. we spotted a bison, 3 peacock, 1 wild boar, 10 to 15 spotted dears. we also had a visit to the moyar dam. we had a good lunch at hotel tamilnadu. we were adviced that the best way to spot tigers and elephants are to stay at hotel tamilnadu and we are bound to see them. my family and I will definetly try this out in our next trip. Bottom line: We enjoyed this trip.

Chennai
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Bandipur is a better run than Theppakadu”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are staying in Ooty or in Mansinagudi, don't bother taking the forest safari's offered by the TN forest department. For once I had to bite dust & agree the Karnataka side was better organized. We visited during the rains so didn't get to see much more beyond the deers & a sole python. But that's fault of the forest officials :)

The Bandipur side is less denser that the Theppakadu and has more game routes. In Theppakadu they just take you around the circle road and you hardly create an opportunity to experience the wild life.

We were lucky to spot a python on the grass. I felt so miserable that I asked the driver to stop since I spotted it - that guy walked down and started throwing stone at the the poor snake to get better pictures. Since I didn't want to pick up fight with a forest guard inside the forest I stayed quite. We did see 100s of deers in close proximity.

I was looking forward towards the elephant safari inside the forest but they had temporarily stopped it due to rains. There was another talk that they currently allow only VIPs on elephant rides. Having said managing unruly crowd inside the forest is a very difficult job. It would be better to stay with the Jungle Lodges guys & take their safaris. No matter what you do - don't get cheated by the local jeep guys who claim to have permits to go inside the forest. They are all just crooks trying to make a fast buck. Plus it always better to go on the game routes used by other jeeps than entering the forest on an unapproved local jeep.

12 Thank VimalAbraham
Bangalore
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Amazing safari experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

At mudumalai, one has to travel with the forest department bus service. But the place has so many animals that you can never return unsatisfied. We saw dancing peacocks, python, bison, elephants, deers and many birds and butterflies whose names I don't know. But sheer experience of entering wild forest is simply awesome. The entire jungle set starting from bandipur, mudumalai to BR hills is simply great.

7 Thank Jhinuk