“Decent Hotel”
Review of Hotel MCM Towers

Hotel MCM Towers
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Rameswaram
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have booked 2 rooms for 4 persons for 2 days.Hotel is located at good location(between Rameshwar temple & sea beach. Hotels have rooms at temple facing & sea facing both.Hotels have new decent rooms without any disturbance. Hotel is maintaing cleaniness as well as excellent room service. There are sufficient number of staff to look after the guest.Hotel MCM Towers have value for money.So, I can suggest that if anyone is travelling to Rameswaram,they can think of HOTEL MCM Towers before hiring any hotel.

.......Sudhakar

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I loved this hotel! I stayed there one week, on a personal pilgrimage I was on. They made my trip as easy as possible. Everyone here is so nice, they went out of their way to help me. I had to go to a smaller temple, and the manager called my friend to help me find the place. Lots of laughs with the staff too! Helped me so much! The manager called a rickshaw friend for me, and got him to give me a really really good price, to drive me all over the island for half the day. It's like a 30 second walk from the temple, 30 second walk from the ocean. My room had an ocean view where I could see beautiful sunrises every morning! Every time I go to Rameswaram I will stay at this hotel for sure, and I'm def coming back, Rameswaram is an amazing, beautiful place! The room was awesome rate too, they made my whole trip so easy! There's even really fast wi-fi downstairs. Also, hot water, every morning, which was so great to start my day. It was about a 5 minute auto ride from the train station as well. Not one single complaint. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kaplow820
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is located quite close to the beach and the temple. The rooms are small and a bit damp. They do not have a restaurant but bring the food from outside and serve in your room. Do not opt for the meals as it can get messy without bowls. Stick to egg fried rice (if you can get the guy to understand). Avoid the ground floor, though I guess it's a bit difficult if you are non-Tamil.
Staff were courteous and arranged for our trip to Dhanushkodi with very short notice.

Room Tip: Opt for first floor rooms
1  Thank Prithwish
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 12th and 13th december. When we reached, the road in front of the hotel was dug up and I was almost ready to change the hotel even though I had made prior payment. But once we reached the hotel, the people were very nice and helpful. Apologising profusely for the road repair work, they gave us excellent rooms. Their 3 bed room was really spacious, and they were thoughtful enough to provide a clothes drying rack!
I also liked the fact that the hotel had a water filter in the corridor. It helps to cut down on the number of plastic bottles that we use. They did not have a restaurant when we visited, but I was told that work is going on and the restaurant was supposed to start in January.
They have some space for drivers to sleep and while I did not see the place personally, the driver said he was given a sheet and pillow and a bed.
Overall, I think it is a very nice hotel and the location is great - it is less than a 5 minute walk from the temple (in fact you can see the temple gate from the room) and also less than a 5 minute walk from the sea.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a temple view.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very good hotel for pilgrims visiting Rameshwaram temple. Very close to the temple, the rooms are clean and tidy, staff very helpful and courteous. It was my first visit and I did not know the local language, they helped me out with the things I could do and arranging a tour. Recommended to all!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TapanTripathi
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The only positive aspect of this hotel is his proximity to the station. in spite of paying the hotel charges the guys at the reception at the reception desk took a enormous time to prepare the bill by wasting time talking to his superiors. The room boys were not seen during our check out. overall a terrible experience and will never recommend to any one

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
9  Thank viswanathan B
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Filthy.

Stayed there for a night on the 05/Dec/2012.
Bathroom was filthy. Pillowcases had oil stains- very sure it wasn't changed since the last guest . Bed sheet were dirty & smells. Blanket had long hairs stuck to it. Towels were wet & smells as well.
I do wander how someone could rate this hotel anything other than terrible.
Please remove the tripadvisor sticker from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo