“Awful”
Review of MGM Beach Resorts

MGM Beach Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Muttukadu
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel does not have it. The location is good as it's right on the beach, unfortunately it is too dangerous to swim!
We stayed in an adequate little thatched cottage BUT we had no hot water and the fridge didn't work AND half the plug sockets were not working also! We complained to the management but they did nothing!
The food was okay but nothing special. Don't make the mistake we did and order a bottle of wine. It tasted of vinegar and we sent it back. luckily for us we did, as we found out it would have cost us £45 and this was a cheap wine!!!!
The hotel is more suited to families as there is an amusement park attached, fortunately there was very little noise and it didn't disturb us.
We wanted to go into Mamallapuram for a few hours and we found it was a little further than we thought. We booked a taxi from the resort it appeared on the surface to be expensive. 1800inr but quite by accident we found out that we had it for four hours, no one at the hotel told us this, so we were able to use it to go from place to place.

Room Tip: don't go there but if you do the thatched cottages are newer but make sure the hot water is work...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
MGMHotelsIndia, General Manager at MGM Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest ,
Firstly , I would like to thank you for time you have spared to share your experience with us.

We are indeed very grateful to you , to have helped us to throw light on areas which valued guests like you expect at our resort.

Your valuable feedbacks have been shared with the concerned departmental heads and assure you that corrective action has been initiated.

We believe in the principal that Guests is the most important person at our premises and it is our endeavor that we will continue to work towards total guests comfort at all times.

There are newer reviews for MGM Beach Resorts

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The location of the MGM Beach Resort is really nice at a beautiful beach (where unfortunately it is not possible to swim). The setup of the rooms in little bungalos is nice, rooms are clean and ok. Service is partly nice and ok (the catering service at the conference room was oustanding). But unfortunately this is not true for all parts of the hotel. Several people from our group complained about internet not functioning. There were lots of promises to change that, but no change occured during the week (being on business trips functioning internet is essential to me).
The staff at the restaurant/bar is very often completely ignoring the guests. I have rarely seen such an unattentive restaurant staff.
Also for changes in the invoice I had to struggle for months to get them done. Despite the beautiful location of the place I would not want to go back there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MGMHotelsIndia, General Manager at MGM Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had been there as part of an office get together and had a wonderful time! The buffet spread was good. Great location with the cleanest beach stretch i have seen in all of Chennai. Go there for the perfect get-away from all the city bustle.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
It fills my heart with joy and words impeccable that we express our gratitude to guests such as you .
These kind of motivating feedbacks makes us work even more harder to ensure TOTAL HAPPINESS at all our guests at all times.

Our entire team is very happy to have served you during your stay with us.
Team MGM look forward towards welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed at the Resort for two nights during a reunion meet. Check in was quick and the staff was courteous and friendly. Being a foodie I made my way quickly to the Resort's Restaurant for diner and was completely put off with the food. It was not at all good and not up to the mark. I thought I will wait for the breakfast to decide upon my observation. Room was comfortable and nice, the air conditioner was good. Again breakfast in the morning let me down completely. The organisers of functions put the music so loud that all the rooms Echo with this music. The Thai massage is something one should try as it is really amazing.Once again I would like to advise to the travellers that if you are looking for relaxing near the beach and a good room please visit this resort but if you love food you are better off going out to some good restaurants outside the premises.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very nice park with the best entertainment as there was RUSSELLS circus, but the service and the manners of the staff at the restraint really upset my family as it was very slow, waited over 1hour for water and felt we was nothing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HJayaShankar, General Manager at MGM Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I came here with half hearted and now i am convinced, I will never come here again.
Goods:
1.Nice place they got here,beach,pool and lots of grass all around.
Bads:
1. Awful reception. If you expect courtesy, you will not get much.
2. Swindlers, I booked a Park view suite and their website said its Rs 9000 for 2 days and i used my credit card to pay. But when you checkin, they said it is Rs 13000 includong tax.
3. It was said , I will get a park view, but when i opened my french windows, all I got was an empty patch of land with no vegetatation.
4. Food was okay, I had only a breakfast buffet. for dinner thay sais they serve only buffet and no ala carte. All we wanted was a couple of chapathis on the beachside. we had to go out to have dinner.
5. its a beach resort, but you are not allowed to dip your feet in water. A security watches you to nake sure you do not cross the line which is well away from water. Good security, but it dies not make sense in a beach resort.
6. To top it all, I missed my room keys somewhere. When I informed the reception, the first reply I got was I have to pay ₹1500 for the keys. Then the receptionistasked someone on phone to open the door for us and i went to my room.We waited for 15 mins no one came. I had to go back to reception and ask again , which is a sort of 5 mins walk from my room.The phone procedure happened again and when i came back, my wife and 2 year old kid were stillstading outside. I had to complain to 2 more people before I got in. Patbetic experience.

May be the stay worked out for other people, but it certainly didnt for me.I will never come back to this place.

1  Thank Samatharman
MGMHotelsIndia, General Manager at MGM Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest ,

Your valuable feed backs have been shared with the concerned departmental heads and assure you that corrective action has been initiated.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at MGM for 4 nights, nice beach resort, with plenty to do for kids. What I liked best was their friendly maintenance staff, ably led by their manager maintenance, who went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Took the resort cab to Pondicherry and the driver was very friendly and very courteous. Rooms are ok, not too good, not too bad, bathroom could be much better, but location, staff and things to do at resort makes it a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

These kind of motivating feed backs makes us work even more harder to ensure TOTAL HAPPINESS at all our guests at all times.

Our entire team is very happy to have served you during your stay with us.
Team MGM look forward towards welcoming you back.

Sunil Tandon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muttukadu
MGM Eastwoods
MGM Eastwoods
#81 of 400 in Chennai (Madras)
Grande Bay Resort and Spa
InterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort
Chariot Beach Resort
Chariot Beach Resort
#7 of 27 in Mahabalipuram

Been to MGM Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!