See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel/resort/crappy place from the very beginning was terrible. As soon as you enter the place feels old and dirty and in need of a lot of maintenance. There is absolutely no house keeping sense among the staff. Housekeeping is done only after repetitive requests and then too the level of cleanliness is just not upto the mark. The first day we had lunch at the place which absolutely a horrible experience right from the uncleared tables, dirty table clothes, empty trays of food, lack of serving spoons,etc etc. Oh yes in addition to all this the road leading from the resort to the beach was so bad without any lights or any kind of directions. Luckily we found a nice beach shack tucked in on the way to the beach which saved us atleast when it came to meals. Overall it was a very bad experience especially after knowing that such a place is affiliated with RCI since the RCI resorts like club Mahindra are just a class apart. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless I want to torture the person.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yash_n19
Abdul_Qadiri, Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Dear Guest,

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to you.

We are sorry to know about your unfavourable experience at our hotel and thank you for taking out the time to let us know.

It is our endeavour that every guest of the CCIL has an outstanding experience each time they visit any of our hotels. On the rare occasion when this does not happen, we are extremely grateful for the chance to make up for it.

We hope that this experience will not repeat itself and that all your future visits to our hotels meet the high standards that are expected of the CCIL.

We thank you once again for allowing us to serve you and look forward to welcome you back soon.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Warm regards,

email:headopskovalam@countryclubmail.com
Contact :0471 6610606
Mob: +91 08089007676

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I visited Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, Kovalam from 17th to 20th August 2012. We had made reservations in advance and had requested for a beach facing room. As promised, we got a great view of the beach. The room had an old world charm about it, with wicker and old wood furniture. It just added to the ambience of the stay. The room was clean and all the necessary amenities were available. The resort is literally a stone's throw from the beach. So you can just go for a stroll as and when you please. We went for a swim in the pool at the resort. It was clean and well maintained. The food at the resort was decent. The staff at the reception desk is very friendly and helpful. When we inquired about ways to move around the place and places to visit, they were good enough to arrange for a cab or a rickshaw with a trustworthy driver to take us sight seeing and shopping. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to visit the ayurveda centre. Overall, the stay was lovely and I'm looking forward to visiting again, this time for a longer stay so that I can really enjoy the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach facing room. These are away from the public areas of the resort. So you can enjoy some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aarti_sc
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am staying in the resort for FIRST time.Both instances it was mainly to use the Ayurveda massages which they are famous for.We availed 7 days package in Ayurveda there.It was very good and was under the supervision of a doctor.The rooms were clean and good but not very spacious.The food was good and reasonably priced.The breakfast buffet perhaps had a good choice for their Indian clients but our choice was limited to breads,sausages and a couple of other. Continental items,but nothing to complain about,and was priced reasonable.Beach was very near to their back gate eventhough the path down to the beach was little steep we enjoyed plenty of time in the beach.The swimming pool was well maintained and clean.The overall experience was refreshing and pleasant

Room Tip: "Go for it....Best one." "Service at its best"
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights here. Hotel rooms are old and not clean. Service is not good. Staff is very less and the can't manage multiple requests at time. Though check in time is 12 noon we reached there at 2 PM still they have not cleaned our rooms. There was one extra bed in my room and the take more than 1 hour to take away after my request. I have to call them 2 - 4 times to do it. We have to wait for 30 mins out side because room was not clean even it's 2 pm and we had advance booking for our room. I will not prefer this hotel for couples or family.

Room Tip: Please do not choose rooms near their generator room. There is so much noise around. Try to choose garden side / pool side rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VatsalDesai
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Mr.Vatsal,I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay in our resort,but the check in time as mentioned in the review is not right and our check in time is 2 pm and check out time is 12 noon to which we stick on precisely.And your reservation request has come to us with an extra bed so that we have placed and extra bed in advance to your room.But we have noticed the generator area to be noicy and has already started the work of acoustic enclosure rework to sort the problem.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dr.Sibi.M.S

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had been here with my family in October 2012, we had booked 2 superior rooms. The resort is slight difficultt to find out as it is located in residential area. The rooms are quite good & spacious, the food quality is excellent with vast variety mouth watering dishes for breakfast & dinner, room service too good but house keeping all the more worst as they do not immediately report after the complain. I stayed here for 1 day.. They have Spa & body message which are average & charging high money, swimming pool maintained very neat, 1 person is after the cleaning of the pool....Beach is also 3 mins walkable distance....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sir,We are delighted to hear that we have matched your expectation.Thank you for the encouraging feedback.
Thanks