See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I visited Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, Kovalam from 17th to 20th August 2012. We had made reservations in advance and had requested for a beach facing room. As promised, we got a great view of the beach. The room had an old world charm about it, with wicker and old wood furniture. It just added to the ambience of the stay. The room was clean and all the necessary amenities were available. The resort is literally a stone's throw from the beach. So you can just go for a stroll as and when you please. We went for a swim in the pool at the resort. It was clean and well maintained. The food at the resort was decent. The staff at the reception desk is very friendly and helpful. When we inquired about ways to move around the place and places to visit, they were good enough to arrange for a cab or a rickshaw with a trustworthy driver to take us sight seeing and shopping. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to visit the ayurveda centre. Overall, the stay was lovely and I'm looking forward to visiting again, this time for a longer stay so that I can really enjoy the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach facing room. These are away from the public areas of the resort. So you can enjoy some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aarti_sc
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am staying in the resort for FIRST time.Both instances it was mainly to use the Ayurveda massages which they are famous for.We availed 7 days package in Ayurveda there.It was very good and was under the supervision of a doctor.The rooms were clean and good but not very spacious.The food was good and reasonably priced.The breakfast buffet perhaps had a good choice for their Indian clients but our choice was limited to breads,sausages and a couple of other. Continental items,but nothing to complain about,and was priced reasonable.Beach was very near to their back gate eventhough the path down to the beach was little steep we enjoyed plenty of time in the beach.The swimming pool was well maintained and clean.The overall experience was refreshing and pleasant

Room Tip: "Go for it....Best one." "Service at its best"
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights here. Hotel rooms are old and not clean. Service is not good. Staff is very less and the can't manage multiple requests at time. Though check in time is 12 noon we reached there at 2 PM still they have not cleaned our rooms. There was one extra bed in my room and the take more than 1 hour to take away after my request. I have to call them 2 - 4 times to do it. We have to wait for 30 mins out side because room was not clean even it's 2 pm and we had advance booking for our room. I will not prefer this hotel for couples or family.

Room Tip: Please do not choose rooms near their generator room. There is so much noise around. Try to choose garden side / pool side rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VatsalDesai
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Mr.Vatsal,I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay in our resort,but the check in time as mentioned in the review is not right and our check in time is 2 pm and check out time is 12 noon to which we stick on precisely.And your reservation request has come to us with an extra bed so that we have placed and extra bed in advance to your room.But we have noticed the generator area to be noicy and has already started the work of acoustic enclosure rework to sort the problem.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dr.Sibi.M.S

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had been here with my family in October 2012, we had booked 2 superior rooms. The resort is slight difficultt to find out as it is located in residential area. The rooms are quite good & spacious, the food quality is excellent with vast variety mouth watering dishes for breakfast & dinner, room service too good but house keeping all the more worst as they do not immediately report after the complain. I stayed here for 1 day.. They have Spa & body message which are average & charging high money, swimming pool maintained very neat, 1 person is after the cleaning of the pool....Beach is also 3 mins walkable distance....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sir,We are delighted to hear that we have matched your expectation.Thank you for the encouraging feedback.
Thanks
Dr.Sibi

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a lifetime member of Country Club and a regular visitor of Country Spa Kovalam. Me and my wife accompanied with my cousins visit the club every weekend for swimming. I had recently hosted my birthday party here for my friends. We were about 10-15 in numbers and had a great time. At first though had some confusion regarding the use of AC hall, the staffs were polite enough to sort out the problem pretty fast. The food was very good and the room was neat and spacious. I also utilize the ayurvedic spa sessions here and am pretty satisfied with it. The only difficulty I have encountered here is regarding the food serving time here. As a regular visitor I would request the management to serve food a bit more earlier. (now dinner is served only by 7:30 pm). I would request that at least a session of foods be made available a bit earlier so that we can have a soup or some snacks after enjoying at the pool! Anyways I am a happy customer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family