See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights here. Hotel rooms are old and not clean. Service is not good. Staff is very less and the can't manage multiple requests at time. Though check in time is 12 noon we reached there at 2 PM still they have not cleaned our rooms. There was one extra bed in my room and the take more than 1 hour to take away after my request. I have to call them 2 - 4 times to do it. We have to wait for 30 mins out side because room was not clean even it's 2 pm and we had advance booking for our room. I will not prefer this hotel for couples or family.

Room Tip: Please do not choose rooms near their generator room. There is so much noise around. Try to choose garden side / pool side rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VatsalDesai
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Mr.Vatsal,I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay in our resort,but the check in time as mentioned in the review is not right and our check in time is 2 pm and check out time is 12 noon to which we stick on precisely.And your reservation request has come to us with an extra bed so that we have placed and extra bed in advance to your room.But we have noticed the generator area to be noicy and has already started the work of acoustic enclosure rework to sort the problem.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dr.Sibi.M.S

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had been here with my family in October 2012, we had booked 2 superior rooms. The resort is slight difficultt to find out as it is located in residential area. The rooms are quite good & spacious, the food quality is excellent with vast variety mouth watering dishes for breakfast & dinner, room service too good but house keeping all the more worst as they do not immediately report after the complain. I stayed here for 1 day.. They have Spa & body message which are average & charging high money, swimming pool maintained very neat, 1 person is after the cleaning of the pool....Beach is also 3 mins walkable distance....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sir,We are delighted to hear that we have matched your expectation.Thank you for the encouraging feedback.
Thanks
Dr.Sibi

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a lifetime member of Country Club and a regular visitor of Country Spa Kovalam. Me and my wife accompanied with my cousins visit the club every weekend for swimming. I had recently hosted my birthday party here for my friends. We were about 10-15 in numbers and had a great time. At first though had some confusion regarding the use of AC hall, the staffs were polite enough to sort out the problem pretty fast. The food was very good and the room was neat and spacious. I also utilize the ayurvedic spa sessions here and am pretty satisfied with it. The only difficulty I have encountered here is regarding the food serving time here. As a regular visitor I would request the management to serve food a bit more earlier. (now dinner is served only by 7:30 pm). I would request that at least a session of foods be made available a bit earlier so that we can have a soup or some snacks after enjoying at the pool! Anyways I am a happy customer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked this Resort (4 Rooms) during last week of September 2012. I was told by RCI that this Resort was recently renovated and is receiving some excellent reviews. Definitely NOT!!!

The Deluxe Apartments meant for RCI Members are situated at a pathetic location just 10 meters away from the entrance to the resort. The only view that you will get from your rooms are people coming in and going out of the resort. People expecting beach view since they claim this a Beach Resort will be in for a shocker to start with. They do not have anything for entertainment except for 1 Swimming Pool. Resort sponsored activities can be enjoyed only in dream in this resort.

Partial Kitchen is just limited to a microwave oven and coffee maker. How do they expect the visitors to use them without a single cutlery? No Plates, Spoons, Glasses and utensils available. Upon multiple requests, they gave a few of them with great hesitancy. Air conditioning did not work in 2 of the 4 rooms that I booked. They could not repair it for almost a day and the second day, they repaired just one. We had to live without AC in one of our room for the whole holiday. Pathetic!!!

Resort Staffs do not know the meaning of HOSPITALITY. None of them even have a smiling face to begin with… Their approach towards the visitors made me think are we here for charity or on paid vacation? Do I need to say more?

Room Tip: I will not suggest travellers to select this resort at all!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Surya79
Abdul_Qadiri, Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Dear Guest,

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to you.

We are sorry to know about your unfavourable experience at our hotel and thank you for taking out the time to let us know.

It is our endeavour that every guest of the CCIL has an outstanding experience each time they visit any of our hotels. On the rare occasion when this does not happen, we are extremely grateful for the chance to make up for it.

We hope that this experience will not repeat itself and that all your future visits to our hotels meet the high standards that are expected of the CCIL.

We thank you once again for allowing us to serve you and look forward to welcome you back soon.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Warm regards,

email:headopskovalam@countryclubmail.com
Contact :0471 6610606
Mob: +91 08089007676

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the worst place i have ever stayed in! From the minute we arrived at the gates with their pealing paint, I thought things were not looking good. We had been used to a week of being greeted by refreshing drinks, garlands and hot flannels. Here we were greeted by a man who stared at us as he peered at our passports, it only got worse! We were taken to our accomodation which had a musty smell as soon as we walked in, the bathroom was disgusting with mould in the grouting, nearly everything was old battered and shabby, nothing was well maintained, the kitchen units as well as the bathroom needed pulling out and starting again! The fan looked as if it was about to fall off the cealing. We asked to move and to be fair they did offer us two rooms in a different part, all be it with a view towards the sea which included a barbed wire fence around the property!. This second property had a treck of many stairs to reach it, also there was a filthy door which I think lead into the retaurant kitchen! We therefore declined the second offer and stuck with the first one purely because we were awaiting the arrival of a family member that evening, otherwise i would have been gone like a shot. We then tried to settle in to accomodation no1, to discover there was dust on the floor including hair, we asked for someone to clean it, they sent a young lad with a big mop, no bucket to rinse with! My husband asked that he used a dustpan and brush first, poor little fellow came back with a dustpan but no brush, he had to use his fingers to pick up the dirt!! A little later to my absolute horror I discovered long black hairs aroud the outside of the toilet bowl these did not belong to any member of my family! Once again the same little lad was called to clean the place, he removed them and cleaned around with his bare hands and a cloth, no gloves to protect him, nothing, how disgusting. Later we went to the restaurant, another filthy place where the tablecloths hadn't been changed, the furniture was grubby and I'm sorry to say the buffet food was dried up and unappealing, once again it scored on being the worst Indian meal.
I had to sleep in that dirty place that night, I would have rather slept in a tent under the stars.

Next day with the arrival of another member of our party we were moved again, this time into two cottages, this was marginally better, despite the cockroach on the floor, and to be absolutely fair the staff did their best to keep these cottages clean and provided us with clean bedsheets and towels daily for the rest of our stay. The staff also did their best to keep the cottages as clean as they could, we did return one evening to a broken window and they were going to move us again but with persuasion the problem was resolved. The swimming area was OK but there was only one lounger. This is a place that was perhaps very nice once, but it s terribly run down and needs a complete revamp to breathe new life into it. I have no idea who owns it but it would appear he just doesn't care, or maybe the group timeshare owners don't have any money!! If you are used to western or decent standards do not stay here.

Room Tip: Just don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Annie S

Dear Guest,

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to you.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Warm regards,