“Happy Days!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a lifetime member of Country Club and a regular visitor of Country Spa Kovalam. Me and my wife accompanied with my cousins visit the club every weekend for swimming. I had recently hosted my birthday party here for my friends. We were about 10-15 in numbers and had a great time. At first though had some confusion regarding the use of AC hall, the staffs were polite enough to sort out the problem pretty fast. The food was very good and the room was neat and spacious. I also utilize the ayurvedic spa sessions here and am pretty satisfied with it. The only difficulty I have encountered here is regarding the food serving time here. As a regular visitor I would request the management to serve food a bit more earlier. (now dinner is served only by 7:30 pm). I would request that at least a session of foods be made available a bit earlier so that we can have a soup or some snacks after enjoying at the pool! Anyways I am a happy customer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked this Resort (4 Rooms) during last week of September 2012. I was told by RCI that this Resort was recently renovated and is receiving some excellent reviews. Definitely NOT!!!

The Deluxe Apartments meant for RCI Members are situated at a pathetic location just 10 meters away from the entrance to the resort. The only view that you will get from your rooms are people coming in and going out of the resort. People expecting beach view since they claim this a Beach Resort will be in for a shocker to start with. They do not have anything for entertainment except for 1 Swimming Pool. Resort sponsored activities can be enjoyed only in dream in this resort.

Partial Kitchen is just limited to a microwave oven and coffee maker. How do they expect the visitors to use them without a single cutlery? No Plates, Spoons, Glasses and utensils available. Upon multiple requests, they gave a few of them with great hesitancy. Air conditioning did not work in 2 of the 4 rooms that I booked. They could not repair it for almost a day and the second day, they repaired just one. We had to live without AC in one of our room for the whole holiday. Pathetic!!!

Resort Staffs do not know the meaning of HOSPITALITY. None of them even have a smiling face to begin with… Their approach towards the visitors made me think are we here for charity or on paid vacation? Do I need to say more?

Room Tip: I will not suggest travellers to select this resort at all!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Surya79
Abdul_Qadiri, Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Dear Guest,

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to you.

We are sorry to know about your unfavourable experience at our hotel and thank you for taking out the time to let us know.

It is our endeavour that every guest of the CCIL has an outstanding experience each time they visit any of our hotels. On the rare occasion when this does not happen, we are extremely grateful for the chance to make up for it.

We hope that this experience will not repeat itself and that all your future visits to our hotels meet the high standards that are expected of the CCIL.

We thank you once again for allowing us to serve you and look forward to welcome you back soon.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Warm regards,

email:headopskovalam@countryclubmail.com
Contact :0471 6610606
Mob: +91 08089007676

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the worst place i have ever stayed in! From the minute we arrived at the gates with their pealing paint, I thought things were not looking good. We had been used to a week of being greeted by refreshing drinks, garlands and hot flannels. Here we were greeted by a man who stared at us as he peered at our passports, it only got worse! We were taken to our accomodation which had a musty smell as soon as we walked in, the bathroom was disgusting with mould in the grouting, nearly everything was old battered and shabby, nothing was well maintained, the kitchen units as well as the bathroom needed pulling out and starting again! The fan looked as if it was about to fall off the cealing. We asked to move and to be fair they did offer us two rooms in a different part, all be it with a view towards the sea which included a barbed wire fence around the property!. This second property had a treck of many stairs to reach it, also there was a filthy door which I think lead into the retaurant kitchen! We therefore declined the second offer and stuck with the first one purely because we were awaiting the arrival of a family member that evening, otherwise i would have been gone like a shot. We then tried to settle in to accomodation no1, to discover there was dust on the floor including hair, we asked for someone to clean it, they sent a young lad with a big mop, no bucket to rinse with! My husband asked that he used a dustpan and brush first, poor little fellow came back with a dustpan but no brush, he had to use his fingers to pick up the dirt!! A little later to my absolute horror I discovered long black hairs aroud the outside of the toilet bowl these did not belong to any member of my family! Once again the same little lad was called to clean the place, he removed them and cleaned around with his bare hands and a cloth, no gloves to protect him, nothing, how disgusting. Later we went to the restaurant, another filthy place where the tablecloths hadn't been changed, the furniture was grubby and I'm sorry to say the buffet food was dried up and unappealing, once again it scored on being the worst Indian meal.
I had to sleep in that dirty place that night, I would have rather slept in a tent under the stars.

Next day with the arrival of another member of our party we were moved again, this time into two cottages, this was marginally better, despite the cockroach on the floor, and to be absolutely fair the staff did their best to keep these cottages clean and provided us with clean bedsheets and towels daily for the rest of our stay. The staff also did their best to keep the cottages as clean as they could, we did return one evening to a broken window and they were going to move us again but with persuasion the problem was resolved. The swimming area was OK but there was only one lounger. This is a place that was perhaps very nice once, but it s terribly run down and needs a complete revamp to breathe new life into it. I have no idea who owns it but it would appear he just doesn't care, or maybe the group timeshare owners don't have any money!! If you are used to western or decent standards do not stay here.

Room Tip: Just don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne s

Dear Guest,

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to you.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Warm regards,

email:headopskovalam@countryclubmail.com
Contact :0471 6610606
Mob: +91 08089007676

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am staying in the resort for second time.Both instances it was mainly to use the Ayurveda massages which they are famous for.We availed 7 days package in Ayurveda there.It was very good and was under the supervision of a doctor.The rooms were clean and good but not very spacious.The food was good and reasonably priced.The breakfast buffet perhaps had a good choice for their Indian clients but our choice was limited to breads,sausages and a couple of other. Continental items,but nothing to complain about,and was priced reasonable.Beach was very near to their back gate eventhough the path down to the beach was little steep we enjoyed plenty of time in the beach.The swimming pool was well maintained and clean.The overall experience was refreshing and pleasant

Room Tip: If you are only two without accompanieng children.Beachview is the best option
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Madam,
Thank you for being a loyal repeated client of Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort.We are delighted to know that we could maintain the trust you have shown in our hospitality by repeating your visit.
Thanking You:Dr.Sibi.M.S

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed for one night having arrived late in Kovalam. Returning to my room the next morning I found one of the male staff leaving my room looking startled. He returned the $200 he had taken from my purse shortly afterwards. Breakfast was awful - dirty, and very little choice. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Sir,Usually any guest details or incidents reported in tripadvisor can always be traced through our incidents register or log books in front office.But unfortunately the incident mentioned here is not seen in any of our records which are maintained in a foolproof system.If you have not reported it in the resort it was unfortunate.Eventhough i have'nt come across a single theft incidense in the resort,but many instances of missing items were reported which were later found from public areas and returned to the guests.We don't use the master key for cleaning(which is informed during checkin) the room,and the rooms are cleaned in the presence of guest or of those who hand over the keys in reception instructing to clean.And i find it very much puzzling to solve your comment that a staff was seen inside the room when you entered the room by morning.The cc camera footage checking was also not possible since the posting lacked clarity like the date of checkin and the guest name etc.Please do send the details so that i can enquire into the alleged incident,which in the present circumstances i humbly decline to agree.And about the breakfast we serve 2 South Indian Dishes,2 North India Dishes,Assorted accompaniments,Corn & Choco flakes with Hot/Cold Milk,Bread Butter jam,Sausages,Muffins,cakes,Indian Snacks,Eggs to order,Baked Beans,Juice,Cut Fruits,Tea and Coffee ,which is a much appreciated spread for the rate of Rs 150 we are charging.I request you to plaese forward more details into the alleged incident which claims to have happened in the resort,so that i can check the authenticity of the incident and if so can plug our security system and mechanism which we now believe is without loopholes to breach.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

hi i am minesh gheewala from ankleshwar i and my friends stay at country spa kovlam on 2 nd & 3 rd june 2012 contry spa resort is very good location is very good food is exellance food quality is very nice room service very good room is very good i enjoy every thing in country spa resort really exellance resort inlife one night stay at country spa kovlam

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank minesh-371995
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Country Spa Kovalam . Thank you for your encouraging feedback on our servic, which is much appreciated by my team. We hope to be of service to you again, should you return to Kovalam in the future

Reviewed May 24, 2012

During My way to this hotel, I was concerned as road was very much raw and narrow. It was very much inside from main road but once i reached to my room. I forgot rest of the things and was happy with the arrangement. They have good restaurant and very beautiful view of kovalam beach. I recommend this hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank himansh

We greatly appreciate your kind gesture in posting this review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Country Spa Kovalam.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kovalam
Casuarina Bay
#19 of 52 in Kovalam
Hotel Samudra KTDC
Hotel Samudra KTDC
#6 of 52 in Kovalam

Been to Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort? Share your experiences!