• Breakfast included
Casuarina Bay(Kovalam)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewskovalam beachtravel deskroom servicehill topbilling
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed for one night having arrived late in Kovalam. Returning to my room the next morning I found one of the male staff leaving my room looking startled. He returned the $200 he had taken from my purse shortly afterwards. Breakfast was awful - dirty, and very little choice. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Sir,Usually any guest details or incidents reported in tripadvisor can always be traced through our incidents register or log books in front office.But unfortunately the incident mentioned here is not seen in any of our records which are maintained in a foolproof system.If you have not reported it in the resort it was unfortunate.Eventhough i have'nt come across a single theft incidense in the resort,but many instances of missing items were reported which were later found from public areas and returned to the guests.We don't use the master key for cleaning(which is informed during checkin) the room,and the rooms are cleaned in the presence of guest or of those who hand over the keys in reception instructing to clean.And i find it very much puzzling to solve your comment that a staff was seen inside the room when you entered the room by morning.The cc camera footage checking was also not possible since the posting lacked clarity like the date of checkin and the guest name etc.Please do send the details so that i can enquire into the alleged incident,which in the present circumstances i humbly decline to agree.And about the breakfast we serve 2 South Indian Dishes,2 North India Dishes,Assorted accompaniments,Corn & Choco flakes with Hot/Cold Milk,Bread Butter jam,Sausages,Muffins,cakes,Indian Snacks,Eggs to order,Baked Beans,Juice,Cut Fruits,Tea and Coffee ,which is a much appreciated spread for the rate of Rs 150 we are charging.I request you to plaese forward more details into the alleged incident which claims to have happened in the resort,so that i can check the authenticity of the incident and if so can plug our security system and mechanism which we now believe is without loopholes to breach.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

hi i am minesh gheewala from ankleshwar i and my friends stay at country spa kovlam on 2 nd & 3 rd june 2012 contry spa resort is very good location is very good food is exellance food quality is very nice room service very good room is very good i enjoy every thing in country spa resort really exellance resort inlife one night stay at country spa kovlam

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank minesh-371995
drsibi, General Manager at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Country Spa Kovalam . Thank you for your encouraging feedback on our servic, which is much appreciated by my team. We hope to be of service to you again, should you return to Kovalam in the future

Reviewed May 24, 2012

During My way to this hotel, I was concerned as road was very much raw and narrow. It was very much inside from main road but once i reached to my room. I forgot rest of the things and was happy with the arrangement. They have good restaurant and very beautiful view of kovalam beach. I recommend this hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank himansh

We greatly appreciate your kind gesture in posting this review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Country Spa Kovalam.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My worst experience during the last two days of my trip. The resort has dirty rooms with leaking A/cs, and cracks all over the wall. The Doctor in the Ayurvedic Spa was very rude and blunt. I actually cancelled a Ayurveda massage that I had booked . The staff in the reception are very rough when comes to dealing with customers. The complementary breakfast was cold,stiff and smelled as if it was prepared 5 days back.

Room Tip: Never try to have experience at Country Spa Wellness Beach Resort
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank subha5586

Madam,Thank you for posting your review,but i am sorry to say that rating the hotel 1/5 was far from realistic.You have posted that the buffet was prepared 5 days back and was stinking,for your kind information our resort was one among a few in Kovalam which has come out scar free after health dept sudden inspection owing a recent food poisoning death in Trivandrum City restaurent.We are mostly commented as negative when it comes to food service delay,and to who ever i got an opportunity to explain i have informed that it is illegal to freeze prepared food and reheat and serve.(which many hotels do to serve food within 10 mins) but we do prepare the food fresh on reciept of the order.And we do not keep slow moving dishes like lobsters etc in freezer,but procure them live after taking the order in case of a special request and will serve it for them later by dinner.For us rather than reheating a common gravy with sause and colour serving within 10 mins we believe in taking 40 mins and prepare fresh food for a guest.We belaive in real health and wellness.And we don't use food colour or ajino motto.Anyone is welcome to our kitchen to see it yourself.So i politely differ with your opinion.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

When we reached there we were happy to see the location, but the rooms were dirty, toilet had urine stains, the housekeeping tried to remove it but was of no use. swimming pools were good , massage and restaurant were better , later when we came back from beach, I found my new Reebok sandal missing from my room , I have registered a complained in their register and till now I have not received them back nor any revert.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank rahuld3u

Dear Sir,I appreciate your gesture of posting the review and regret to see the comment that the room was dirty and at the same time glad to see your good comments on massage,restaurant and swimming pool.We have inspected the room after your check out to see the stains in closet which you have reported to House Keeping,in fact it was not urine stains and urine does not make stains which cannot be removed by chemicals.The flesh water in that particular block of rooms are from one among the four wells in the resort and the water(unlike shower and tap connection the water for fllush tank is not subjected to iron removal filteration) had high content of iron which stained the ceramic of WC (in certain areas) which we have replaced and has added a aeration treatment for flush tank water so that the iron content settles down in sump as an oxide form.I apologise for the inconvenience and request you to come back to our resort in future and give as an opportunity to experience our service once again.