“For the money I paid it was neat and Clean Rs.590+tax”
Review of JC Woodville Manor

and 1 more site!
JC Woodville Manor
Cochin
“For the money I paid it was neat and Clean Rs.590+tax”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I personally felt this hotel was ok for the money i paid for the rooms.Rooms were neat and clean and had western toilets.It was centrally located which is what i wanted particularly.Basic facilities were good like hotel water-geysers in the room.A TV on top of the wardrobe.Phone to call the reception,Clean filter water was placed in the reception.They even provide hot water for drinking.Sleep quality was basic.There was a std/isd booth near the reception.They dont have a restaurant .
Overall my stay was good for the money i paid.

Room Tip: Decent hotel for budget travellers..
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mukeshnair001

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 10, 2011

A small budget hotel without a restaurant and [power back up.. was a last minute boooking as nothing was available.. difficulty in getting hot water.. approach road was dug up full of slushy mud

bathrooms just passably clean and so were the rooms..

wouldnt recommend it

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Kodaikanal hotels

kerala
Reviewed April 26, 2010

With well furnished rooms and dormitories, and a central location, ideal choice for the budget traveler and families who wish to enjoy Kodai at excellent value for money.

Food was nice and staff was great and there was this lovely climate which makes this very great.

It is great value for money and rooms was spacious.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
aaaadf
Reviewed January 22, 2010

One cannot sleep properly in this hotel. Very bad odor was coming from our room, we requested for a change in room and got another one but that was also smelling bad. Hotel staff doesn't understand Hindi so we were not able to communicate with them properly. Another major problem was that this hotel is situated opposite to the Bus stand due to which there is a constant irritating noise generated by the sound of Bus Horns. Also there was too much pollution in the surroundings of the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2009
Bangalore
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Guys, i had a very very bad experiance in Kodai Kanal. I thought that Make mytrip will have tie ups only with good and decent hotels, but they even have tie up with third class lodges. On make mytrip.com website you will find these lodges as hotels withe few amenities, but when you will reach their, you will end up in a third class lodge.

I booked two rooms through make my trip in a hotel named JC Woodville Menor in Kodai Kanal. I searched on internet but did not find any review about this hotel(lodge). This is actually a lodge with no facility. list of lack of facilities as follows:

1. No parking facility
2. Intercom is there but not working at all.
3. Bathrooms will be dirty.
4. Rooms will have no colour all you will find is wet walls which will stink.
5. No room service, you need to cry for each and every thing.
6. No Hot water as the geazer will not work in the room, you will need to ask room service boy (if you find him in lodge) to bring one or two buckets of hot water.

My suggestion would be not to book this lodge, even do not book with MAKEMYTRIP.COM, as they are worst in services.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Rahul_Rahul
Chennai
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed in the Family room in this Hotel during the Peak Season of April 2009.The Room had 2 rooms inbuilt where 4 Can stay with comfort. As every one knows , we can hardly find fans in any place in Kodaikanal and same applies here. The room was very cool, as we cant walk inside without floaters. The bathroom was very average with a Ancient Water Heater which is very difficult to operate.
Water is totally yellow in color and I dont know whether its the same all over Kodai. Room service is also OK type. When I said that the Water Heater is not working, he took me to the dormitory room in the 2nd floor and asked me bath in the bathroom there. Thank God the Room was totally empty with all 10-15 beds Vacant.

The best thing about this hotel is its Locality.Its there in Stone's throw distance from all places, very next to Bus Stand.
Regarding Food, Please go to Hotel Astoria which is very next to this place.Excellent Vegetarian Hotel with Very Nominal Price.
I felt like eating in a Chennai Hotel(I reside in Chennai).

I recommend this Hotel for people who dont care much about the room facilities and just want to stay.

Go for it!!!!

• Liked — Locality
  • Disliked — Room Amenities
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CoolGuyChennai
northern England
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I booked this through a backpacking website. I am backpacking on a trip through India and I selected this hotel for my stay in Kodaikanal because it had a dorm. However, when I arrived the receptionist told me that I could not stay in the dorm because only groups could book it. In that case, WHY does the website and booking agents allow individuals to book one dorm bed?

I suspect one of two things happened here - either they looked at this white woman and wanted to squeeze more money out of me (I mean this is India and all foreigners have unlimited cash and can afford to stay in the most expensive hotel rooms) and refused to let me have the dorm bed because a standard single is over three times more the price, OR, as is common practice in India, they advertise dorm beds online purely in order to get people going in on false pretences. Either way, I am not happy about this and I reduced the number of nights I stayed there due to the high cost of the room.

Also, I handed in some laundry as there is absolutely nowhere to do so in the rooms. I explained to the receptionist that my situaton was desperate and I had no other clean clothes than the ones I was wearing. He told me the clothes would be back in the afternoon. When I returned to the hotel in the early evening, I was told my laundry would arrive in the morning. Next morning I asked for my laundry - it would arrive in the evening they told me. I was so angry about this as I really didn't have any clean clothes. As a backpacker, I am packing light and normally this is not a problem as I can do my own washing quickly.

The room is of an okay standard. When I went in, the bathroom was filthy with a very dirty toilet and muddy floor. I requested it to be cleaned and it was done straightaway. There is not actually a shower - just a bucket and jug. There is hot water, which is very unusual for India.

I don't really recommend this place for backpackers travelling light on a budget. This place is fine however for mid range travellers and groups, preferably with lots of luggage.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — NOT suitable for backpackers
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo