“Property with great potential , could be improved.”

Sterling Kodai Lake
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The resort is an old one situated in a prime location in Kodai.Sadly the potential is ignored and management tries to run it like a standard "drive in drive out" property. Though the town of Kodaikkanal is just 2 km away with it's varied dining and shopping options nobody at the reception knows anything about the town or the surrounding area. They just sell you the standard "package" and try to get you to buy stuff at their shop. It is disgraceful that over half of the employees at the resort do not speak the local language (Tamil). Other points:

Restaurant: Overpriced bland food with little variety.

Activities: Standard , you don't need to go to Kodai to play Bingo.

Cottages: Old and worn out but comfortable and spacious. Needs a facelift.

Service: Average , employees seem not too happy with management. They work well but don't seem involved. Example: Housekeeping cleans my cottage perfectly but doesn't take the effort to pick up a discarded water bottle three feet from the front door.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I planned to have a break from my regular routine and Planned to visit KodaiKanal one of my friend suggested Sterling Hotels and i booked in advance. When i visited the place (kodai) where the Hotels is situated, i feel as if i am in heaven the mist has covered till my knees and the greenary around took my Hearts to extent like i am floating on air. The nature scenic view is awesome i forgot all my tension and responsibilities and enjoyed like anything and gone to my childhood days, i have decide henceforth to make a regular visit over here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2010

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2009

I am happy the way I was treated in this hotel. Room services were of top class.
My stay here was really very nice. Rooms were very good and specious, neat and clean. Location is really very good and easily accessible from the main city. Services were very prompt and nice. It was really worth for the money. Amazing food quality.
Staff was helpful and the hotel was quite clean. Next time I visit this city I'll surely stay in this hotel.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed December 4, 2009

When i reached the hotel expecting to check into a suite but i was in for a shock. Apparently my booking was miscommunicated and what was available for me was a standard single room, the lowest rung of booking. To be honest it wasn't completely the hotel's fault - it was a mistake from the Trip Advisor's website end as well.

But that wasn't the end to it. the bed was wet and soggy and we got up in the morning, we had bug bites all over us and looked like right out of a marshy jungle. there wasn't any advice or first aid or advice available when we asked for it.

since the rooms are spread out, the room service took a really long time - we had to wait for 30 minutes or more for a cup of tea and the service in general was government service type

The bathroom had dirtier bucket than the one usually finds in public bathroom.

The only good part was that the hotel was so horrible that we ended up spending much more time outside and had a real good time!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonseagull
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Rooms: Looks very spacious and very nice
Bathrooms: Clean and neat
Location: Awesome... just outer of the city. Calm place. Best for HM.
Food: cost moderate - moderate quality

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2009

this resort we stayed by timeshares, we had a gr8 time and facilities like gym, sauna bath, dance, events very nice.
maily we liked the location of the resort, near lake, we hve experienced a morning and evening cycling the lake,

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family