Just returned from kodai, after spending 3 nights at Sterling - By the lake property, truly a timeless holiday.
Whoever said - "Patience is a virtue" must have been a real genius. With regards to my story, reached the resort on Sunday morning and trust me it was a very bad start right from the word go - problem with their card machine, my room being very dusty (due to construction work), took almost an hour to be moved to a cleaner room, sunday morning breakfast buffet was "Chaotic", service at the restaurant was way below standards.....All these factors right at the beginning could have easily spoilt my entire holiday.
But I decided to be patient, didn't get too cocky and eventually things changed as the evening set it. All the issues that i faced earlier were sorted out, there was a different atmosphere at the restaurant when we went for dinner. The staffs were very courteous and were taking genuine interest in bringing a smile on people's faces.
Thats when i realized when the occupancy of the resort drops below 50% there is a more personalized care offered by the team. The resort is at its best during the beginning of the week.
Points to remember before planning a trip to this resort:
1. The climate at this time of the year is brilliant (13~18 degrees throughout the day) with mild shower once in a while.
2. The resort is a good 400meters away from the lake and 90% of the rooms wont have a view of the lake.
3. Food at the buffet was very good, but a-la-carte was even better.
4. Food prices is on the higher side for non-members, so ppl willing to save on their food bill can carry ready-to-eat products/ bread/biscuits etc etc as most of the rooms are attached with microwave, hot water kettle and basic utensils.
5. Cycling is the best activity, a good 6~7kms from the resort around the lake, thou the cycles need a bit of maintenance.
6. Lots of activities like board games, table tennis, puzzles etc are free and the rest comes at a cost.
7. The resort organizes something called the Wild sightseeing tour which far better than any local sightseeing.
As you may all know, "Not all five fingers are the same"....so not everyone gonna feel the same, but as for myself and my wife, we had a eventful 3 days. To mention a few names who made it possible, ever smiling Raja (at the activities room), Pratish and Raman(at the restaurant) and on top of all Chef Uttam, specialist at the desert department made our memories sweeter than his yummy bengali sweets.
Many thanks to the entire team at Sterling Kodai Lake View.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kodai - By The Lake, A Sterling Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Resorts Kodaikanal Lake View Hotel Kodaikanal