“Great Place with Bad Service”

Sterling Kodai Lake
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We are the group of 20 peoples from our company stay in Sterling Resort for one night. It was just the short trip to get away from office hang over. We enjoyed our trip a lot at sterling resort; everything is great except pathetic room service. To had some fun games, I called room service and asked a notepad and a pen to write games points. But even after 4 calls I didn’t get a note pad or pen. On every call they just replied as “in 2 minutes we will bring… we will bring…” but nothing we got!

Food quality is also very bad. They are having playing room for kids which was very fun for children of my co-workers.

Over all, if you are going there by self planning without expecting their service, you surely enjoy this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We have been visiting this resort since 1993. The old charm is missing as also the service and maintenance. The location is just great, if only the management can spend more time maintaining this better it can regain its past glory. Newbies like Club Mahindra is beating Sterling Holidays hollow in terms of rooms, service and food. Buck up Sterlings!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Since I am not new to Sterling Resorts, some basic amenities etc were expected. There are some problems with Sterling properties in east india but by and large the properties down south are reasonably well. We were contemplating staying in Carlton as we had heard a lot of positive stories about this property. It was due to the fact that the entire Carlton was booked for a conference that I was unable to secure a booking. Sterling Kodai was a very good experience with great food, staff and wonderful activities from their activity team. The team kept us occupied with all kinds of fun activities like bonfire, antakshari, party games, local trekking and sightseeing tours and activities involving both young and old. The appartment quality was basic but good. We utilised the kitchenette facility well and occasionally made evening snacks etc. We also indulged in Ayurveda treatments available in the resort.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I and my family went to stay at Sterling Resort in Kodaikanal. We did our booking thru RCI, a Club Mahindra associate. Before going there, we were not sure about how the resort will be. later when we reached there, it was a very good resort. ITs old resort but Sterling is now renovating the property. IT has studio apartments, 1 Bedroom, 2 bedroom etc.. staff was very friednly, restaurant was good, nice food and services.. Evening activities very very enjoyable.. kids loved it.. Kodai sight seeing is a great experience. WE hired a car to go around the places for sight seeing.. its really beautiful and we all had a nice time and got good oxygen !!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MandarBhide
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I am very keen to visit Kodaikanal always. Till now I have visited for about 5 -6 times. I love the natural beauty of this small town located in the hills of Nilgiris and well connected to other major cities. Earlier I used to face problems with the hotels i used to stay in but from the last few trips I am staying in this resort and is most amazing and affordable i have ever been to. Wither be the room service, luxury, value for money etc. any sort of thing STERLING Resort is excellent in all aspect. I have also checked in once at about 2 am in the night but i was served well and was catered to my need to the fullest. I never feel of trying a different hotel in kodaikanal since i visited this out.
The only negative aspect is the food which is not much of my like because of me being a north indian.

But I fully recommend it to every one who are keen on service and luxury.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Sterling resort lake view, Kodaikanal is located next to the lake with a good view of it. We stayed in a studio apartment which has a kitchenette. There are cottages as well. There is only one restaurant but the food spread and taste is good. it is a place for few days stay. For all activities we could go to the lake for horse riding, boating, cycling etc. There are shops around like the tibetan ones. you could go for the local fruits and nuts.
The resort also arranges tour packages around Kodaikanal which cover most of the sightseeing places in Kodaikanal.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2011

It was Good. We enjoyed a lot, planning to visit the same place in future.

Thanx