I stayed there for 3 days in Aug, when it wasn't raining. It was beautiful, foggy and the hotel is spectacularly laid out to enjoy such outdoors. Almost every corner of the hotel is a great place to sit down, stop what you are doing and just enjoy things around. The place serves awesome food - all meals as well as anything you may wish to order at any point throughout the day. They even screened a movie on my last night and I learnt that it is a routine gesture. It's definitely a great choice to spend your holidays.
Couple of things which I did stop and notice:
1) It is ~7km away from Kodai, which means 200 bucks and 20 mins drive one way if you are renting. The road is not too great if you are driving self. So, combining an evening stroll at the mall and spending some good time at the resort is going to be a tough one.
2) We stayed at the 'regulation rooms' (we were time sharing, us being Club Mahindra members). The room was quite spartan and the bathroom could have been slightly better planned. That said, staff and service was excellent.
3) The variety of in-house options to play/entertain could be better. Not much of playing equipment - only 1 pool table, 2 game consoles, 1 table tennis table (in a slightly damp room), and extremely thin on reading material. So, if you are planning to spend the evening with kids at the hotel, then options are a bit limited.
Overall, a great place I'll recommend everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world of timeless charm at the Hill Country Holiday Resort, Kodaikanal. Indulge in a luxurious escape to this exquisite 5 acre, country-style retreat set amidst lush greenery, with a breathtaking view of the breathtaking Palani Hills. Prepare to be inspired and don't forget to pack your cameras! Delight in our pampering facilities and traditional Ayurvedic Wellness Center and Spa. Flexible when it comes to offering comprehensive variety of tours and tailor made packages. From adventure to romantic getaways, M.I.C.E (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) or just some quality time away with the family, you'll find everything you need right here at Hill Country Kodaikanal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hill Country Kodaikanal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal Hotel Kodaikanal
- Hill Country Hotel Kodai