We were 2 couples with kids & chose 2 Deluxe suites for our 3-night stay, as the deluxe cottage (with 2 bedrooms) had only 1 room with attached toilet & 2nd room with common Toilet in the hall.
Our check-in begun on a rough note as were alloted 2 suites in 2 different buildings & we were upset with this. However, their staff shifted us to 2 adjacent rooms the next day. (R9 & R10).
Both suites had excellent views.
Resort Location is 5-6 kms away from heart of Kodai, but i personally feel that if you are stayting in a resort, you need to enjoy it & Hill Country has many options for that.
A decent games room / a mini library / a really nice Shuttle court / swings for kids in lawn/ infant activity centre / spa centre / etc.
The silver lining was the Buffet - breakfast & dinner. Just Excellent. We relished the food & use to look forward for same every day.
The rooms were spacious / well laid with balcony & had a nice & very comfortable bed - with bedside tables on both sides.
The resort had excellent landscaping all across & provided a very soothing effect to our stay.
Staff was warm, cordial & service was very good all around.
There are certain downsides too.
- The toilet and shower area are really small & with old tiles / sanitary / bath fittings. In Short, it just does not complement the suite.
- There is no hair dryer provided which is unthinkable in such expensive / high end resort situated at a hill station.
- The geyser was of low capacity - so Hot water use to run out soon.
- Toilet accessories like shampoo / soap / shower cap / etc were inadequate & of very poor quality.
- No Television in bedroom in suites & even no proper seating area in hall where LCD TV is placed. Just 2 single seat sofas placed seperately.
- No Kitchen equipment & hence the kitchenette counter in suite room made no sense.
- Room Service food items were exorbitantly expensive.
- Bar Service was not operational.
Choose the place if you need a resort experience & avoid it if you need to check the touristic locations in & around Kodaikanal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world of timeless charm at the Hill Country Holiday Resort, Kodaikanal. Indulge in a luxurious escape to this exquisite 5 acre, country-style retreat set amidst lush greenery, with a breathtaking view of the breathtaking Palani Hills. Prepare to be inspired and don't forget to pack your cameras! Delight in our pampering facilities and traditional Ayurvedic Wellness Center and Spa. Flexible when it comes to offering comprehensive variety of tours and tailor made packages. From adventure to romantic getaways, M.I.C.E (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) or just some quality time away with the family, you'll find everything you need right here at Hill Country Kodaikanal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hill Country Kodaikanal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal Hotel Kodaikanal
- Hill Country Hotel Kodai