“Nothing to do :(”

Hill Country Kodaikanal
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Being a club mahindra resort, this place is big, well designed, clean and green, but all these are given for such a property. Since its a little away from th city, it will leave u little choice to do anything outside the resort. The resort has a badminton court, TT table, a few other games and shows a movie every evening on a big screen TV. But despite all that, the place leaves u bored. The food was ok, but again you had no choice but only to eat in since you can't travel to the city, unless you had your own vehicle. Nothing exceptional we experienced here.
We did have a bad experience with th in-house tour operator. Be cautious while ordering their services

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richa1909

Reviewed March 31, 2011

Simply Relaxing

Second time in Kodai. This time booked through my office.

Was worried as I was going there with my wife & in-laws. My thoughts - If anything goes wrong, my wife will kill me. She would say “Why did you not take us to same place as we had gone last time”. But I was saved….Everyone of us liked the place...There was something for everyone…

For me…I like to stay in a cottage than a room so I was happy. Then the food was very good…service at restaurant was surprisingly attentive & professional (it is a rear thing to find professional manners in restaurants in TN. Most of the places make customers follow their own rules)..also resort is away from main town so there is complete calmness around you.

For my wife…First of all, her parent were there (half battle won there)...Charges for 2 nights package were to her satisfaction…Best thing for her was the Ayurvedic Massage/Spa…that too was reasonably priced…

For my father in-law…cottage & food (all men think alike)

For my mother in-law… All of us were happy so she was too…above all this place was far better that where my in-laws has stayed earlier through a package tour by xyz travels.

Must Do - Get up late...take brakefast...go for some sightseeing...have light lunch in town...come back & go for massage...siesta for at least 2 hours....wake up & go for a stroll at Coaker's walk...come back for a game of Tabel Tenis....Cheers to drinks till late night and have sumptuous dinner before you hit the bed...Am I dreaming....:-)

Best attractions I would say are- Location, Pay room with TT table (played TT after years)…layout is also nice.

Improvements – Room service needs improvement…when I called they seemed to be surprised that I was ordering something chargeable in room service. (All of their package include BF & Dinner.)

Room Tip: Take the cottage...rooms are for business trip.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amit_on_highways
hill c, Guest Relations Manager at Hill Country Kodaikanal, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2014

Thank you sir for the review, it is highly appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hill Country. Looking forward to serve you again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

A great place to spend the holiday in Kodai. I was happy with the surroundings and the view that this property had to offer. Amenities such as shuttle, TT, library were available at this place. The staff were courteous and tried to make us comfortable. The food served was excellent and on the whole the upkeep of the resort is excellent. Our stay here was worth value for money, we spent.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kolgan
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We booked the hotel through Club Mahindra - where I hold a corporate membership.

This hotel is around 6 kms from the Kodai city and has a panaromic view of the valley. The climate was cold & rainy at times with mist at arms length. The view from the hotel was just fantastic.

The hotel service as good and more than anything else, the staff & local people were really honest. We lost a mobile and resort staff helped us find out in less than 15 minutes. My spouse & kid were taken care of even when I was not around. The food, especially the south indian veg food was really lip smacking.

The travel arrangements made by the resort were also really good & on time, giving our trip an added flavour of comfort. Kodai is a place I woudl like to come back and I would really recommend this resort. Thanks so much for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mahaveerbagrecha

Reviewed July 29, 2010

it is one of the best hotels in kodai. we used to stay regularly here.
In off season months like september - there is little crowd in kodai. it is right at the centre of the town, so - much easier to cover the places by walk.
it is close to lake, spencers, coaker's walk, bus stand and the market.

With variety of cuisines, it provide multiple options to dine in kodai right from “filter coffee to cappuccino".

The rooms here are spacious and very clean, the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Nice location in kodai kenal, nice service, they have faclity to arrange site seeing in best value.You should try if you are going in couple

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2010

spent 2n 3d, ant thought it was less. Beautifully maintained although a bit away from the city, very calm & serene locale with a backdrop of several cloud kissed hills .Taxi is arranged by the travel desk for pick up & drop to the city.The staff is extremely friendly, polite & gave me the best possible service. My son, 12, had a fabulous time in the arcade area with pool , snooker, air hockey, fooseball , and i dont remember what not! food is average but clean and healthy.Rooms are neat with a balcony but the put off is the bathroom- bad shower curtains, geyser takes too long to heat. overall a v good experience. will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family