“Amazing Ambiance + Delicious Food + Heartwarming Hospitality = Hotel Villa Retreat”
Review of Villa Retreat

Villa Retreat
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came to Villa Retreat, Kodaikanal for our First Anniversary and were completely overwhelmed by the location and scenic beauty of the Hotel. Since we arrived by 1 pm, I had booked a Classic Room for the 1st Night and a Deluxe Suite for the 2 nights to follow. At Lunch time itself, we got a taste of things to follow. The Food was so deliciously cooked to my surprise, since i didn't expect to get good Punjabi Non-Veg. Dishes in South India. Even my Wife, who is not much of a Non-Vegetarian eater, liked the tasty Gravy. We opted for a Paid Nature Tour which was completely worth every penny. It was my Wife's Birthday on the 2nd Day of our stay and i happened to mention it to the Service Guy (John). To my surprise, He had informed the Management and the next Day, the Resort Manager (Javed) meet me privately and informed me that He was going to Decorate our Deluxe Suite to which we were shifting to and send a Cake as compliments from the Hotel. I loved the idea and we left for our Nature Tour. My Wife was delightfully surprised by the room decorations. It was set very nicely. My Wife was handed a beautiful Bouquet on behalf of the Management. We enjoyed the Cake too. Throughout the stay, the FnB Manager (Kumar) took care of our Food requirements. The food was so good that we didn't have to leave our Hotel to try anything else. Amarnath and Saif were very helpful with our Local travelling arrangements as well as any help we required in the Hotel premises. To Top of such pleasant Hospitality, the Icing on the Cake was a Candle Light Dinner on our last night of the stay. The Chef (James) prepared a Chef Special Starter 'Butterfly Chicken with Garlic Sauce' which was fabulous and tasty. He followed it up with some Hot Gulab Jamuns. All these food items were compliments from the Hotel for my Wife's Birthday and we were very Happy. Overall it was a very pleasing and satisfying experience. Villa Retreat gave us wonder Service, Food and Surprises. Just before checking out, Javed took us to the Garden and clicked a Snap of us in front of the Hotel and gave us a Photo Frame with our Picture. It is beautiful and I have kept it in our Bedroom as a Memory. Thumbs Up to this Hotel and I recommend it to anyone going to Kodaikanal.

Room Tip: The View from the Classic Room with Valley View is really amazing. The Deluxe Suite has both City an...
1  Thank devraj_raut
Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We are a newly married couple and visited Kodaikanal for honeymoon and chosen HVR (Hotel Villa Retreat) for the stay this Feb 26th to 28th, 2013. Overall treatment which we received from HVR is awesome. Though the place is very new to both of us, we have never felt any difficulty during the whole trip. HVR has really helped us a lot in executing our plan economically and peacefully with their transport. All the amenities provided @ HVR is uplevel especially the foood that they served to us. Food was very higenic and very tasty. My wife especially became pond of their Sambaar (to be frank). HVR is very keen about their visitors and pay due attention to each and every service they provide.

Hence, I would strongly recommend the visitors of Kodaikanal to select HVR as their stay and enjoy your priceless and joyful time during the whole stay.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well, firstly I am really late in putting this down, as we (my husband and I) visited this place last year in May. Nevertheless, I would like to share my great experience during my stay at Villa Retreat. Okay so here it is:
Pros:
1. Good food (very imp for foodies like us)- nothing elaborate but you get what you expect, not too oily, not too bland, not too spicy either, just perfect :)

2. Rooms- Stayed at their deluxe room, lil small compared to what you imagine after seeing the pictures, but they are good enough to ensure comfort and are spanking clean. 24x7 hot water supply also available.

3. Location- One of the best in terms of location in Kodai. Right opp to Bryant Park and next to Coaker's walk, but at the same time it makes sure the hustle bustle of the town doesn't disturb you once you are in your room. Also, at a walkable distance from the bus stop.

4. Service: Very prompt and enthusiastic staff, who make you feel at home. The Manager helped in arranging sight seeing for us as well.

5. Overall The Resort: The biggest plus, is the valley view you get to see at the resort's garden area. A small garden which peeks right into the valley is the highlight of this place. My favorite thing to do was to sit there and sip hot coffee while looking at the clouds slowly moving from one mountain to another. Pure Bliss!!!

Also have a cloak room facility, which is helpful in case your bus is in the later part of the day.

Cons:
If they can arrange some other activities in the evening like bonfire it would be great. As the town does not offer much in the evenings, it would be nice if the resort has some recreational activities.

Also, things like return gifts while checking out, or offering welcome drink during check in or some other similar gesture would also add a nice touch to the whole experience.

Overall, a very pleasant stay, and loved it to the core. Thanks to Villa Retreat our stay at Kodai was amazing.
Would we wanna go there again?? without a second thought - YES! Highly Recommend!! Keep it up guys! :)

Room Tip: We stayed at the deluxe room, the balcony faced another resort, Kodai International - so the room di...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This Place VILLA RETREAT is really a treat for those visiting. Real treat for eyes and aswell tummy. Treat for eyes as they have a wonderful view from their property and for tummy they serve quality and delicious food. Service is another added factor. They serve the best and quick.
They arranged the best candle light dinner and also a small token of gift was also given to us :)

Spl thanks to Javed and Amarnath for their extended support.
Should visit place in kodai. Highly recommended

Best time is spent in a Villa for a spl treat.. VILLA RETREAT ;)

Room Tip: Rooms near the restaurant are highly recommended
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Ok, let me start by saying that for me Kodaikanal is one of those places you always want to go back to. The lake, the clouds, the view and the avocado is really all you need. Villa Retreat is one of the best value for money hotel's I've been to, and one of the best hotels in India that I had the pleasure of staying at. As many people have said here, the location is really great, right next to Coaker's Walk (a 10 min walk with amazing views when the clouds are gone). The room we had was the standard room that was pretty big and very clean. I can start by saying we got there at Valentines day around 23:00 with no reservation and the staff was very nice and helped us out quickly and efficiently (the manager even gave me 2 roses for me to give to my girlfriend). The only thing that was a bit too much was them asking us not to forget to write a tripadvisor review (about 8 times a day)... Other than that I would like to thank Selvaraj (the chef), Mohammed (front office) and the security guard (that I forgot his name) which were very nice and tried their best to make our holiday as nice as possible... Hope to come back again some day...

Room Tip: If you have the money, ask for the rooms with the view...
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location of Villa Retreat is great to spend time with my spouse. Couples who has a idea to visit kodaikanal get this property. If i want to tell clearly take classic room with valley view. It is a great view from your bed. in the morning you can feel like flying in the sky. i have enjoyed lot with their service. But Food taste could be improved.

Room Tip: If you are a couple take classic room with valley view
1  Thank BharathRaja
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed with my family for 2 days and it was a plesant experience of the stay. Best part of the hotel is the location and view. Very near to key attractions and It has excellent views of the valley. Tasty food and excellent service. Everything was taken care of from the time I landed in Kodai till I left. Good management with the staff. Overall a memorable experience of the visit and I would definitely recommend this to others. Only negative thing about the hotel is rooms are small. For a family of 4 it would be small.

Room Tip: Ask for a valley view room. This will have excellent views of the valley right from the room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family