“Excellent Hotel and looking forward to stay again”
Review of Villa Retreat

Villa Retreat
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Jamnagar
“Excellent Hotel and looking forward to stay again”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Hi all
I stayed at the Villa Retreat in the month of March 2011 for my Honeymoon.
I am a travel agent, Hotel didn't provide commission to Agents,(though I cannot restrain myself to write a good review of the hotel). This is the best hotel in the Kodaikanal. Location of the hotel is awesome, best in Kodai, just besides the Coakers Walk.
Hotel staff is very courteous and humble.
Room service is excellent and prompt.
Only negative point was that, there was no restaurant in the hotel.( I have talked with manager, he said restaurant is under construction), and I saw the construction was actually undergoing), so Hopefully on my next visit, it will be functioning.

I stayed in Classic room of the hotel, and they have the best view. Spacious, comfortable, and vivid.
My wife likes the garden and view from it, more then anything.

I will sure stay again at the Villa Retreat in future.

Vishal Trivedi

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vdtrivedi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Chennai
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed in Villa Retreat Kodai and would highly reecommend the place for both short and long stays. The hotel garden enjoys one of the best views in Kodai and breakfast in the garden is a Kodai moment you must not miss. The small size of the property gives it a home-y feeling, unlike that of a pre-packaged hotel experience. Service goes beyond the call of duty and extends beyond check out. Service of the staff in the front office and the waiter boys were exceptionally good. There was always a smiling "yes" for any requirement of ours from the front office. Ambience was good and the restaurant served clean food. In short, Villa Retreat delivers on all three fronts viz., location, service and ambience. Regards, Sudharsan from Chennai

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sudharsan V
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is situated adjcent to Coaker's walk, so from the Green lawn you will have an excellent view of the valley.There are very few rooms in the hotel which helps to maintain the calmness and privacy of the guests in the hotel. The hotel does not have any amenities not even a restaurant, but kitchen is there. Food is served in the room or in the lawn.

We stayed in the Delux room of the hotel.There are four delux rooms in the hotel and all the rooms had a balcony having a partial view of the valley.Hot water is available through out the day & night.

The two reasons for which i should come back to the hotel is its execellent view to the valley and excellent food (both south indian & north indian). There is no bad experience at all except the delux room which is just a basic room with an TV.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deepakn
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 23, 2011

One of the best resort I ever stayed in.
Located Just beside Coaker's Walk and opposite Bryant park this resort was refreshingly welcoming. The room was beautifully but simple decorated. With a nice personal balcony at the back of the room.
There was small tea garden at the back of the resort with a magnificent view of the valley. You will feel like in heaven when you will have your morning tea there.
Best of the lot, the people were awesome. We had check out at 9Am. But we had our bus at 6.30PM. So they offered us one of their empty room free of cost. That room was also very clean and well equipped with a bed, television, toilet with hot water as well as wardrobe.
The best experience of my life. Thanks Villa retreat for making my first honeymoon memorable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arijit1981
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I went to Kodaikanal for celebrating our third marriage anniversary and stayed there for two days in old block.
When I came to this hotel I got totally captivated by the view of valley from the hotel garden.First day it was clear sky so I cud see the small town at the base of the valley and second day it was like I am standing in heaven all surrounded by clouds, it was breathtaking I cud not ask for more than that but to our surprise the food (we ordered aloo parantha..yes in TN)was awesome !!For us the staff was very helpful and polite.Rooms were small but neat and given a very cozy modern touch. I cannot complain abt it as location was very convenient and offcourse this hotel was originally a residence before.And I cannot end this review without mentioning my royal breakfast which we had for two days in the garden with the awesome view. Rest pics says it all!!!

Room Tip: Go for old block it got beautiful view
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TanuNitin
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Hi i m harshit it was a very very good experience for me n my wife.. It was my 1st anniversary 25 may, we planned it at very short notice n luckily v got a room in villa retreat but only for one day. Good service good ppl good location. Nthg else cn expect then this. We Wer not willing to leave the hotel next day but had to..but 3rd day I got shifted back to villa as I got 1 room for that day. I was a very very nice stay for me n my wife.. Thanks villa & staff to make my first annicersay memorable.. Good luck n my wishes to u..

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Harshitrsheth
Satun, Thailand
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed in the Deluxe Suite for the first night, but had to move out for the following two nights because it had been pre-booked. We were offered the Classic Room (nice, but a bit small) and a choice of Deluxe and Standard Rooms.

For me the Standard rooms in the new block offered excellent value for money compared to the other two options. The beds were comfortable, the view from the balcony wasn't bad at all and the bathroom was clean and spacious. I didn't see the point of paying the extra for the Deluxe or Classic Room, but the Deluxe Suite is very smart if you don't mind paying a few extra quid

The restaurant was being re-furbished when we were there, so it didn't function, but the hotel offered a patchy (mostly good) take-away service from other local restaurants.

Service was efficient, if a little devoid of personality.

The absolute winning attribute of this hotel is its spectacular views from the pretty garden. Have a look at our photographs here: http://www.followtheboat.com/2011/03/31/eerily-familiar-kodaikanal/

They have a rather harsh check-out time of 9am, which is uncomfortably early for most people.

Room Tip: 5 Deluxe Suite, standards are good enough