Lilly's Valley Resort
Royal Hotel(Kodaikanal)
Hotel Gurupriya(Kodaikanal)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Le Poshe by Sparsa(Kodaikanal)
  • Breakfast included
Benzz Park Kodai(Kodaikanal)
  • Breakfast included
OYO 9183 RJ Inn(Kodaikanal)
Highland Parade(Kodaikanal)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmr danielqueen suitepleasant staysight seeingcandle light dinnerhomely foodcamp firebeautiful gardenhoneymoon packagethe entire staffpeaceful placespecial thanksreception areaexcellent place to staywonderful experiencewooden flooringcomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked this resort as our stay after seeing good reviews on tripadvisor but it is surely overhyped on TA. This is a small resort with very old rooms. Location is little far from city’s center point and there is nothing much around. However resort have some good raw greenery inside but still it far from impressive after paying such a huge amount. We two couple stayed in the two deluxe double rooms numbered 102 and 104 and those were big disappointment for the cost we paid.

Deluxe double rooms are huge and bathroom inside in it are also big (which is good) but has a very very dirty floor. Those rooms look very old and not renovated since long time it seems (specially 104). It would be better if they would have covered the floor by carpet or something. Commodes in the both of the bathrooms were leaking. Room No. 104 does not have proper water supply and it was not resolved even after complaining many times (we all took bath in the bathroom of room#102). Water inside the bathroom was muddy (we were told that whole KodaiKanal have same color of water, not sure what is the actual case).

They don’t have running restaurant inside hotel and you have order at 5 PM for the dinner which comes at 9PM. Quality and taste of food was pathetic so next day onwards we had our meal from outside. It rained on the day when we reached there and hence there was power cut. I guess it is common in Kodaikanal but frustrating thing was that hotel ran out of power backup. Phones in the rooms are just showpiece and we had to walk to reception to ask something or call from our mobile to connect the hotel number.

Area of resort is also not very big and there are not much things to do there. WiFi is available only at the reception area but had a good speed (which is a plus). TV in lobby has most of the popular channels available for watch. Though they tell that all the channels are available in the rooms also but it is not the case (we want to watch MTV in our room but it was only available in lobby area).

The resort also have some newly built rooms (Honeymoon suits) and those looks much better than what we had. I thought to get myself upgraded in to one of those rooms. But the amount of difference they were asking was not worth for the facility we were getting in this resort.

In my true opinion, this resort is a waste for money. There are much better stay one can afford in the same amount of money.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here even after reading my review, select one of the newly built rooms. Cost might be higher but there are better than older wastes.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohit M
Reviewed April 26, 2013

“Very pleasant and comfortable stay with homely food” at Lily’s Valley resort.

I stayed at Lily’s resort from April 6 to 8, 2013 with my family, in Royal suite # 117. It’s a Very good room with wooden flooring and a small separate living / dining room and big balcony outside. This series of rooms are really good, in terms of privacy, view.

We reached Kodai on 6th evening; I already did some pre checking on trip advisor and found this resort right on top of choices list. So we decided to stay here. It was night, so we could gauge the beauty / serenity of this place, but what a lovely early morning sight. It exceeded our expectations. The front view from this room is fantastic and having morning tea (Served there), in balcony outside the room, which is surrounded by complete greenery, is a fantastic experience.

Also, they serve nice breakfast in cafeteria, with good variety and tasty/ homely food, serene seating arrangements and excellent service.

Location of resort is superb. It’s not on main road and that bring lot of peace, privacy and quality to this place but it’s not far from market as well. Excellent choice for families who are looking for quality time together.

My kids really loved the place as there is ample place to play, roam around and enjoy. They explored every part of the resort. It’s worth every penny spent. Few things which will add icing on cake is, having LCD/ LED TV in rooms instead of old styled CRT, Wi-Fi coverage in the rooms, having more options from north Indian food menu and taste. They prepare the food on order.

Rubin and his team is great host and other can learn a lesson in serving customer from their staff. I strongly recommend staying at this place, for the ones who want to enjoy the serenity, peace of Kodai and Lily’s Valley resort.

I am already looking forward to my next stay here.

Room Tip: rooms in series 117 to 120 are spacious, excellent choice for families for view, privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hemanttak
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I will Stay with my Family in Lillys Valley Resort in Kodaikanal
Is excellent location and Calm place , Relaxing very nicely and Good view Rooms
And rooms decoration made by wooden and open parking place ,
Lot of Flowers plant in this resort , and Hotel Staffs are very helpfull for every one
what ever we need the staff will fill that,
in this trip my family planing to visit three place kodaikanal, munnar and Alappey
Am So happy with Kodaikanal other Two place little bit upset ,
So our next planning only kodaikanal , staying at same resort in septemper
I recommed to all dont missing to stay lillys valley Resort ,
In this Resort Food is available for south Indian Food ,but food is not a big deal lot of hotels are available in that area , other hotels foods are good but staff and rooms are not good , noneat in the room ,
Best regards
Seyed Mohamed
Bangkok

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank saynabkk
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. Stay was good. The resort is located in an errotic place. Since we booked a package, we were provided with transport for sight seeing and was worth. The only issue was food. We didn't have choices.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank sha786
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Lily valley does not live up to the hype created arnd it . I booked Double deluxe room from Travel guru after seeing the rating as 3rd best in Trip Advisor .

But sorry to say the the double deluxe rooms are in pathetic conditions. let me describe in details :

Access:
This Villa is remote located and far from city . If you are looking for quiet stay then it may suite you but be warned its remote and not well connected.

Parking:
They have open air parking and no designated parking place. In my 2 day stay , first day i had to wait some 30 mits because the hotel approach was clogged by some tanker and other some bus was parked in front of my car .

Location:

as i have already mentioned , its remote and quiet place . The villa property has good garden and very green with loads of fauna and flowers . But then again be warned , there seems to be a timber workshop running inside the campus and sometime it resembled more of timer workshop. they are building more rooms and so construction disturbance is high . I will not recommend it if this continues.

The Room:
I was utterly disappointed with the room . At 3450+tax for double deluxe ,i would have got far more better room in other guest houses.
The room was small and shabby , there is wooden furniture and guess what no cushions on them . Pillows without cover , bedsheets poorly maintained.
Bathroom had an ancient geyser with wires all hanging out ,i was pretty afraid to operate it but no choice . The toilet had no shower faucets only mugs provided. The whole rooms looked like cheap joke .

I think it would have been better if we would have done packaged deals rather than tarvelguru DD rooms .

worst part is , they ran out of water twice in may stay . On the day of my checkout there was huge commotion in resort as water ran out at 7 in morning . Fortunately we woke early to leave early .
All other guests had to take up management for this . By the time we left like 2 hrs later , water still had not arrived . I am not sure why this resort cannot arrange water tankers in time. But this was really pathetic .

Food & Room Service:
They dont have running kitchen . For breakfast they serve not before 8:30 in morning . in afternoon and evening they will need 4 hrs pre-notice for food . they create new menu ever day . so be warned if you plan to feed in hotel this is not the place to be .

Overall :
Not recommended. I stayed 2 nights in this place for arnd 8000 approx . I sincerely feel that Quality of my stay would have been better if i had chosen some other place .

Room Tip: it is better you ask for Honemoon packages and room photos . The double deluxe rooms are shabby .
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sumit_verma
lilly'svalleyResort, Owner at Lilly's Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

we have our own water source, a natural spring in our property and during the whole year we never have to buy truck load of water from out side.However,currently the entire town is suffering with a drought and the water is not available even to buy and that too in timely delivery. The current water problem is been mentioned in detail to all our guests by placing a notice boards in each rooms. On this particular day we had a group of 60 people were staying and they had misappropriated the water and the water had ran out after when most of the customers had already taken their baths. Later,the water delivery was made within an half hour.Saying the pillow cover was not placed on pillow is can not be true and if it was the case the guest must have informed us and we would have done the needful immediately. The customer is always right is our philosophy and we will always stand by that. We are very sorry for not satisfying this guest and we regret it very much.we will try hard in the future.
Thank you.