“Awesome place, excellent staff”

and 1 more site!
Lilly's Valley Resort
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had a great stay with my daughter ,the staff are friendly and professional, the complimentary breakfast is excellent, the only thing I missed was espresso coffee, a rarity at the best of times in India,
I highly recommend lilly's valley resort for a quiet stay !

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The stay over there was very comfortable and memorable. Good view, good rooms, good service, good arrangement and excellent staff especially Mr.Ali. It is not too far from centre of the city and tourist spots. , has rest l will chose the same resort for my next visit. I give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Its very cold in winter even for people from Northen India, so carry enough warm clothes.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at this resort during a business trip. Was very sceptical then found good reviews on Trip Advisor and booked a room here. The reviews did not let me down!
The property is big and well landscaped. The rooms are clean and maintained well. Thouugh they do not have a running kitchen, they provide complementary south indian breakfast with the option of dinner (if you choose to eat at the resort).
Also, I must add that the staff are very helpful and kind. The only complain that I have is that the hotel wifi was not strong enough to reach my room :-(
Overall, good stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

In February 2011 our eco-rock band Solar Punch was on its 3rd tour to India. Having heard about Lilly's Valley Resort from an audience member at one of our gigs in New York before the tour, we wound up at Lilly's for a several nights stay when we passed through Kodaikanal. We received the most welcome hospitality and our team cherishes the interactions we had with owner Raj Sukumar about renewable energy and sustainability. Our stop in Kodaikanal was a relaxing and serene experience, a peaceful sanctuary, which was perfect for us as we were just half way through our rigorous tour. We highly recommend Lilly's Valley Resort to any traveler who really wants to get away from it all and get close to fresh spring water in the misty mountain tops in Tamil Nadu! Though this review is about 2 years past due, we will always remember the overwhelming hospitality and care that we received at Lilly's. Solar Punch has since returned to India two more times (Delhi-to-Kashmir in Nov. 2011 and Mumbai-to-Gujarat in Jan. 2013). If our future track takes us back to Kodai, we will stay at Lilly's Valley Resort!

Room Tip: We were shown several rooms to choose from. We opted for the rooms up the long stairs from the (mai...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We, the newly married couple, visited this place for my husband's birthday. It was 3 nights stay. The best part of stay at this place was the management ambiance towards the guests. They have arranged a trip to local site seeing as well. The breakfast which was inclusive of package really worth it and the food was well cooked. The dinner as per the order also turned out well. I was really excited when they put a camp fire within the resort to kill the chillness. It was very romantic in fact. I requested them for a surprise birthday cake and candle light dinner on my husband's birthday, I was totally thrilled by the arrangements they made on my request. The place is surrounded by beautiful trees and plants, takes you away from your busy life.

On the flip side, the rooms which they provided were not up to the mark. We noticed the bites of bed bugs on our body on the very last day. There was trouble with hot water ever since we checked in. Since the temperature was drastically down, they should have taken measure to provide this basic facility. And, lacking room heaters made us shiver to the core. They couldn't arrange for the same.

Otherwise, the stay was really pleasant and unforgettable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Customer service at it's best. Friendly and hard working staff impressed me from the minute I entered the resort. Wonderful quiet location yet not too far away. Clean rooms, well kept exteriors, delicious free breakfast, fast wifi in the reception, board games to keep the kids busy and the list goes on. Would go back and highly recommend to others. Ruban and Ali took care of everything for us. Price was right. I wish internet services are made available in rooms in future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CalRaRa
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A stay for 3 nights 4 days @ Lilly's Valley Resort, was completely memorable. I met the most co-operative and helpful staff. Daniel, Ruban and Hari Krishan to name a few among the entire staff of this Resort.
We really didn't have to worry about anything thing they had everything planned and ready for us, be it Candle light dinner, Bed Decoration or Sight seeing. We had received services that we did not expect.

The food served was cooked in coals, I can tell by the taste. It was very tasty. So was the service. We took Breakfast and dinner mostly in the Suite.

The ambiance of the Resort is beautiful, a pity that Kodai was covered with Fog when we arrived. The resort is fondly called Jungle Resort by the local Tour guides :)

The Rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds the wooden flooring, bath tub, hot water supply clean towels, bed sheets curtains and smell in the room, everything is just as it must be in a hotel.

We received a 5 star hotel treatment in this resort which is rarely seen in 5 star hotels as well.

It's worth every penny I spent.

I will visit again and stay in the same resort.

Room Tip: Take the last Honeymoon Suite in the corridor. Ask for Pushparaju as your guide and driver. He is ju...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple