“Nice and beautiful place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kodai Resort

Kodai Resort
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Thrissur, India
“Nice and beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been to kodai resort with my family.Its very good place with excellent service and quality food.We had a comfortable stay here.They have a good garden with lots of flowers.I would love revisit kodai resort during the flowering season....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shijisunil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Kochi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were looking for a calm and quiet place close to nature, so we chose Kodai Resort Hotel for our honeymoon stay. It is close to all the major attractions in Kodaikanal, like Coakers walk.
Rest assured in the fact that the cottages have a romantic feel with absolute privacy. There's no compromise on cleanliness, neatness or luxury either!
To top it all, their room service is prompt and excellent! You can rely on them to satisfy your every need during your stay. Every cottage has it's own private garden or terrace with a breathtaking view. The lawn is beautiful and well kept. They even arrange a campfire or barbeque on request! These guys make it a point to cater to every guest's needs - that's the best part. The multicuisine restaurant serves real tasty food. They also take you on a sightseeing trip to places in and around Kodai. Rates are quite affordable. All in all, it is a place worth the stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melvin C V
Ernakulam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been to Kodai resort with my friends.We were planning for a get together.We discussed different places and finally opted Kodai resort at Kodaikanal and I would say , it was the most accurate decision.I have no words to explain the comfort level we got at Kodai resort.I wouldn't say they are proving 5 star services,but with their limitations,they have excellent services.The ambiance around the resort is wonderful with an open space ,common to all cottages.Coaker's wallk and the Lake is at walkable distance from the resort.We could enjoy a nice walk at coaker's walk before the crowd arrives,exclusive for us..:-)
Anyone who is traveling to Kodaikanal,Kodai Resort is one of the best option......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 6rays
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

One of my friend recommended this resort and the stay was absolutely worth my money. I visited Kodaikanal with my family and the trip was truly nice. The hotel has a very beautiful lawn where I spent much time with my family. Rooms were neat and special thanks to all staff who attended us...Will come back surely to this place again!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kurian j
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited Kodai resort with my family.It was a pleasure trip with my husband and my daughter.Kodaikanal is good place with good climate.Added to that, our stay at Kodai resort was also very good.They have very good maintained garden with lots of flowering plants and also plants like mulberry, plum etc.We enjoyed the evenings at the resort.
The food at their Restaurant is the best.Veggies and non-veggies, both have tasty and mouth watering options....
If I am visiting Kodaikanal again,I will surely go for Kodai resort

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KiranRoy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Was on a business trip to Kodai over the weekdays. As another reviewer has suggested this is hotel, cant see any reason to call it a resort.
The only positive thing that I can mention is the location. Its on the Coakers walk and within five minutes walk from the lake.
In the room that I was given the paint on the windows were peeling and the windows wouldn't latch properly. The room had ventilation ducts with no grills covering it.
The staff behaviour was blunt at best. Did not eat in the restaurant so cannot comment on that

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Though the location of this resort is very good I have my reservations about the room. The rooms are not very comfortable and ventilation is poor . But the location is excellent being adjacent to Coakers walk and walking distance from the lake. The staff are also very helpful and polite.

• Stayed September 2013