“Another good one”

Royal Tibet
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Kodaikanal
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We liked the food here. We hope some of their foods are traditional Tibet...but not sure and even we didnt ask that too....sometimes I'm stupid too!! :)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

TAT for order to delivery is very less. Wanton soup, though liked by many, didnot taste well to me, however was vast in quantity, 1 portion served 4 in our group. The Tibetian bread (more like Bhatura) is awesome and the lady suggested, it to go with Chilly Chicken. Overall the taste was nice, however word of caution, the foods are a bit Oily and seemed like filled with Soya sauce. Best part is pricing. A pack of 1 chicken Wanton Soup, 6 Tibetian Breads, 2 plate of Chilly Chicken, 2 plates of steamed Chicken momo and another 2 portion of fried chicken momo costs only around Rs. 900. you will get flattered. Atleast visit once, and dont order much at first go. Cheers.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I really enjoyed the food at the Royal Tibet restaurant. It is a very small restaurant that can sit around 30-35 people but the food is great. This was the first time I tried Tibetan food so I have nothing to compare it with. I recommend the roasted chicken with the Tibetan white bread. The fried chicken momos were also great.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

First, i would like to thank tripadvisor for their service. Without these reviews, i wouldn't have visited this place. This is one of the best restaurants at Kodai and offers us more than the price we pay. We placed order for Wanton soup, Chicken steamed momo's, Fried rice,Tibetian bread & Chicken Curry for 3 persons. My son enjoyed the wanton soup very much. Ordered for 1 soup but we all three weren't able to consume. I & my son liked Chicken steamed momo's. My wife didn't enjoy as it wasn't spicy at all. She enjoyed the fried rice and Chicken curry gravy. Please do not order all the items at once. Better order one item and check the quantity before you go for the next order. i am telling this because we packed the remaining eatables and used that for dinner. The cost of all these was below Rs.400/= . You can park the vehicle in the municipality office (opp to this hotel). Visited twice in 3 days.

1  Thank Muthuraman S
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I personally liked the food, more for the nostalgia of eating in a tibetian restaurant when I was in Kodai School some 30 years ago. The restaurant is clean and food tastes good.