“Only Number 1 & ONE in KODAI”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
Red Lynch Heritage Stay
Ranked #10 of 105 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well I heard from my Friend that there is a Property to stay in Kodaikanal called
Red Lynch Heritage Stay. Just thought another Heritage property with old buildings renovated to attract people to stay there.

When I visited the property, I WAS WRONG. Awesome were my ONLY words when I stepped out of the car. The words were not coming out of my throat, so awesome & breathtaking was the place, still I am outside the property. What a huge lawn, with so much of greenery, covered with trees on one side, beautiful flowers of all varieties what would I say only one word magnificent. I had to be shaken off by my friend to come back to where I was standing right in the porch overlooking the lawn.

Went Inside to look at the property, a corridor in front, entering into the main hall with fantastic furniture & a Piano on one side. Adjacent to the Hall a Dining room where a family of 10 can have Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner comfortably. Nearby was the SUN Room covered by glass windows on all three sides, to keep us warm on a cold morning or an evening beautiful. The Bed Rooms plus the rest rooms attached four of them very spik & span to give us the Heritage Stay a wonderful & wordly meaning.

I have visited & stayed in RED LYNCH twice with Family & Friends & not once have I left the property during my 2 days of stay, I was so mesmerised with the same that did want to enjoy the stay & make my holidays very relaxing & comfortable.

To the food Part, Mr. Raja & Ms. Mary gave us mouth watering home cooked food, be it Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks & Dinner. To be specific of the more relished items like the Tomato Soup, Spinach Rolls, Fish Masla, Mutton Curry, Chapattis, what others to mention, nothing was left out on the dining table(in fact we wanted more). Awesome food.

No other place I have holidayed has been so good, relaxing that every 6 months I would like to be there.

Stayed there in March 2012

Room Tip: All Rooms Are Very Good
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 1TRAVEL123297675
There are newer reviews for Red Lynch Heritage Stay

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Red Lynch and had a memorable weekend there. Four Families, bunch of kids, lovely garden, cricket on the lawns, access to the lake, good food and service are just some of what is on offer. Excellent stay. Would go there again in a jiffy. Superb experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rajivsj
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A big bungalow , with four bedrooms attached bath. Living room family room dining etc all very spacious. Caretaker Mr Raja and homely food prepared by Ms Mary. Excellent . Keep it up. Abe Ramapuram and family

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Ramapuram
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights/ 5 days with a huge family over new years eve and it was definitely a memorable stay at the Red Lynch. Close to the lake yet away from the maddening crowd. Endearing yet exclusive. All the rooms were well appointed and suited for couples, friends and family. We were a huge family (group of 12) and we booked the entire bungalow. The caretaker ( Mr.Kumar, I presume) was invisible most of the time and yet at our service when we needed him. Thats exactly the way we like it. We paid about $500 for a night for all 12 of us on full board. Quite a steal actually. Booked about 2 months in advance.
There is quite a bit of history to the house with photographs of the original owner of the house and few other mementos from another era. There is a piano as well for those who can play it.
A separate room called the ""sky room with glass walls on three sides offered views without the chill. This room was equipped with wifi and a mini library as well. It was a room to just read, play cards or just work on your comp.
The garden area, lawn and trail around the bungalow were spectacular. We played frisbee and cricket to keep ourselves warm and fit and also had a campfire on new years eve.
Brilliant.