“Excellent place to stay”

Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 114 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This Deepawali, we (me and my wife) spent 3 days in Mount Pleasant. We made a right choice. 100% safe with family / couple/ single. No tension, Great food, great staff. They help you arrage vehicle (if you want) to visit places in resonable price (lower than that of other services). Mr A K Najmal (Owner) personally takes care of you and your needs. Great person. We are 100% satisfied with their service, location. I'm sure, you won't regret/complain.
Once again, thank you Mr A K Najmal. We will surely visit you again if we plan for Kodai.

Room Tip: Select rooms according your budget. All rooms are equally worth it. All suits have separate entranc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
893najmal, Owner at Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

It was a pleasure to be with you for the Deepawali which I will never forget and hope that we would
meet for many more Deepawalis. Thank you.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Hospitaility is excellent...nice and neat around..if anyone is going with family or friends...it suits for both of them...people over there are really kind...more nearby places to look at...food served is home food..regardig the tariff my opinion is very much cheap considering all the facilities....go out there and enjoy

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Really nice, tips given by you to your fellow guests are really great. Thanks a lot.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed there 1-3 Nov 2013 for 2 nights.
We, 4 of us, reached Kodaikanal and we had to call the owner to locate the place as there are no directions available, including GPS. The last road to the Resort is super-super-steep and if you are not an experienced driver, you may damage your car or fall in the pit.
The hall at the entrance is beautiful and reminds you of the British era - the building is new but the architecture is old. The rooms are also nice - we had presidential suite, although there were no amenities, like tea, coffee (you can order them for a price), AC/warmer, Mosquito-repellent etc. The staff is polite and courteous.

Overall, I would not call it a boutique resort, but a commercialized and beautiful home stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
893najmal, Owner at Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Beautiful climate and landscaping are the only two things in Kodai. You have experienced it and remember that "Expercience is the best teacher ", and now you have learnt it. We do provide a coffee maker and amenities will be provided on request. We had bitter cxperience before. We appreciate your aesthetic sense and value fixed to our property, the way you felt. Thank you.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at Mount Pleasant for 2 nights from 4th to 6th Nov 2013 with my wife. Believe me if you are reviewing this property for a holiday to kodai then don't waste anymore time reading the great reviews below just simply go ahead and book this and you can thank me and the other reviewers later. Great property about a year old with clean and neat rooms as per your requirements, Extra friendly staff and the best part or rather you can say the icing on the cake Mr.Najmal the owner himself who personally is there to take care of you right from the welcome to cooking to travel arrangement personally. A gem of a person indeed. I just read a review from a travel agent before writing my review and believe me he is a cheat and totally wrong about his review. My advice to all holidayers is not to go through any agent .Just directly call Mr.Najmal from contact details in trip advisor and book directly.I had to just make an initial payment of a quarter of the total bill to their account and that's all. I think the travel agent needs to first go and stay there before writing misleading facts about the property.Hassle free stay with excellent food cooked in a neat kitchen by Mr.Shakti and his team right before your eyes.In fact you can actually go and learn a couple of recipies as they make them.It is a rare sight when guests address the owner of any property as Najmal uncle or Najmal sir. That shows the respect people feel for the team who attend to them during their stay. My wife had an injury so she could not walk down to the basement rooms which I had booked so we were promptly changed to another room of our choice without any questions asked. Breakfast and dinner was good. Makes you feel like coming to your own 2nd home.I booked after reading reviews on trip advisor and thank god I made this choice.The only and only bad thing about the property to be really honest on this review is that as clearly mentioned in the web sites the location is 2 Kilometers from the lake and you will have to spend 100 rupees for taxi to reach the lake area one way (you may maximum go out once or twice in a day).if you go by a car then this is paradise . Leaving aside this minor drawback .... to summarise my experience......
Great property
royal treatment by staff and a great host Mr.Najmal
Good clean food
Great weather
Recommended for couples who give priority to their safety
Children will love the rooms with an attic
Not a hotel its a home stay.
Breakfast is inclusive of room rent
Aminities much better than the best hotels in kodai
Hot water 24hrs
Talk to Mr. Najmal before shopping or going about sightseeing.
Winner of Trip advisors travellers choice award 2013
300 senior reviewers of trip advisor cant be wrong.
Will definetly go back to Mount Pleasant whenever I visit kodai. Simply fell in love with the property.

Room Tip: Talk to Mr. Najmal personally abou your requirements before booking. Dont waste time and money with...
2  Thank rajeshDJ

Really great. It looks like you did a research on my property. Remember, you have not answered my last question. All what I can give you is a BIG THANK YOU.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here. Nicely maintained place with super friendly people running it. Food was delicious and the setting was perfect for a quite weekend. The room was cozy and nicely carpeted. The complimentary breakfast didn’t compromise on quality and taste. The property brought back memories of my ancestral home.

Room Tip: Better to avoid the room right below the kitchen
5  Thank Sunaina21
893najmal, Owner at Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Humble man offers you a HUMBLE THANKS.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort, Kodaikanal - Excellent property of Mr. Najmal, a great Host, worth spending time with. Meant for someone looking for a Home Stay. The room with the attic proved a hit with the children. Great homestyle cooking. Away from the din, you can hear the chirping of the birds in the morning and the crickets in the evening. A very affectionate staff, who attend to your needs promptly. Good clean environment. One can spend hours gazing the stars thru the telescope or lie back to read books from the rack. The small garden also provides an amazing recreation. The places of interest of Kodai, can be covered in a circle from the Observatory Road.

Room Tip: Family room has a double bed and an attic which has mattress arrangement for the kids ! Go for it, y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank VGMalagi
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've really enjoyed my days with Mount Pleasant.

Excellent service, the cook and other workers including the resort owner helped us to be comfortable.

I'm really looking forward to stay in the same resort again and again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple