“Excellent Stay!!!!”

Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 111 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort is one of those Quaint places which is just awesome and wonderful for a weekend holiday to spend. Mr. Najmal's hospitality and Syed's service are simply commendable. The food by the in house cook is nothing less than home made food and is very tasty and delicious. The fare is also good, though we went in the Off season. Though it is situated some 2 kms away from the town center, would reocmmend it for any one planning to visit on a weekend. It would be great to walk and savour the view of the town. Overall, had a wonderful experience with our stay!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is really a wonderful place to stay in kodaikenal. The ambiance is very good. The owner Nijam, Cook - Johnson all are very good person. Nijam greeted us very nicely and he take care of all the guest very well during their stay at this guest house. The food is also very nice, the main thing is you will get homely food there. The breakfast is too good there.

The location of the resort is too good. Definitely you will have a very good time during your stay there.The resort is surrounded by pitch trees and it is there in a calm place. The rooms are too good and recently constructed. You will feel like you are staying at your own home.

Hats off to Nijam and co.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Of all the hill stations I have ever visited, I love Kodaikanal the most. I am not sure why I love it so much. It could be because I had visited kodai dozens of times or maybe because I grew up hearing stories about this hill station from my grandfather who used to frequent this place. Now I have one more reason to love kodaikanal even more - Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort !

After our marriage earlier this year, I was very eager to take my wife to Kodaikanal.I was browsing the internet for some good hotels.I was initially confused as there were simply too many choices. I stumbled upon the page for Mount Pleasant resort .Then,after reading the reviews, I had no confusions on my mind, as the reviews were simply fantastic. We went there last weekend, and we truly, had a wonderful and memorable experience.

Mr.Najmal - The owner of the resort is very helpful, and very, very hospitable ! He is very humble, and takes on many tasks personally.He doubled up and did the housekeeping work too, and also served us food as they had run short on staff. He is a warm person with a big heart.He made us feel at home. He was very flexible with the check out timings, and he even gave us the same room that we stayed in, to refresh on the last day. This was after we had formally checked out.Now that does not happen everywhere.We had a long and lengthy conversation with him on the last day, and he was telling about this daughter and his family tree. We enjoyed this conversation. He even offered to pack us sandwiches for dinner.

Johnson - The cook. He had previously worked in the SPIC guest house at Kodaikanal. Coming from such a reputed establishment, what else can one except, he makes some amazing food. He makes food that tastes so homely. The taste of the idlis,sambar and chutney still linger in our memories. Yummy !

Syed - The tour operator. I had read few, not so good reviews about this person and I was initially skeptic about him. Before going to Kodaikanal, I had enquired the cab rates from two other operators before I had contacted syed and he offered us very reasonable rates. The cars he provided us , were all good. The drivers, he sent with us were very courteous and friendly. They were all well experienced. Syed is a very friendly person too, and he is a die-hard harris jeyaraj fan. I wonder why few people had posted negative reviews about this person. He is cool !

Mount Pleasant - Lovely location and equally lovely rooms. The place is not huge but big enough. The place makes you so calm and relaxed. We spotted two bisons behind the backyard fence, they had come to drink water ;) They have an open kitchen and it is very neatly maintained. The road leading to the resort is very steep and it would be very difficult to walk to the main road. My wife simply loved the place and I was beaming proudly as if I was the one who discovered this place ;)

Cons - Yes, there are few small things which would come to your mind when you enter the resort. But after you experience their hospitality, you would forget them just like we did. I am sure Mr.Najmal would get it adequately staffed soon. He did explain us why he was running out on staff.

What we missed - My wife wanted us to take a snap with Mr.Najmal but we totally forgot. We remembered it only when we were halfway down the kodai hills.

I shall highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Kodaikanal.

Room Tip: Basement rooms would be ideal for couples
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in kodai from 23/06/13 to 26/06/13.
Mr. Najmal greeted us when we arrived in kodai , as if it was received by our own family member.
It was really unbelievable the way they are maintaining it.
This is my tenth visit to kodai and I have not seen such a place in kodai and it is worth for spending money.
Mr. John who is the chief cook in it did some mouth watering dishes.
The house keeping team was too good.
In fact we celebrated our children's birthday which was organised by Mr. Najmal and we also invited the co- guest also and which was a remarkable day to be remembered
Sridhar

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A Comfy Place For A Stay With Family! A excellent surrounding .. a great spot to hang out! Food is another master piece! The Chief cook join runs the show!! NAJMAL The Great Owner of the resort! Who takes care of each and every guests!! A perfect location for a comfy stay! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

me and my wife made a last min decision to visit kodai and spotted this place in trip advisor, so tried it room was available we has a very comfortable and true to its name a pleasant stay all thanks to the proprietor who made our stay memorable... if you are looking for a quiet holiday with family like i did ...look no further...this was on June 22 for our 1st wedding anniversary....I don't get why some have complains in their reviews, beats me! don't be bothered about it.... its a nice choice... saravanan and chandrika

Room Tip: any room will b great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saravanan_chandrika
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had booked the premium room for 2 days 18th and 19th June. We were very excited to go there as it had very good reviews on net. But unfortunately we got really disappointed. The place and resort is good but looks like we went on wrong time. There was no staff. We had to do everything including keeping the plates and utensils on our own. When I asked them to give fresh lime since my mom was not feeling well, they gave me lemon and sugar and asked me to make my own.

There was no cook also when we reached. Later they arranged some for night dinner. Also the places is little far from the city so you would be dependent on the cab which they provide (if you dont have your car) And this guy named Sayyad charged so unreasonable (150 rs one way to drop the city which is just 4-5 kms) . First day he showed us only lake and bryant park which is few kms away from the resort and he charged 400 rs for that.

After facing so much difficulties we decided to change the hotel as we didnt want to spoil our trip.
When we reached there was power shutdown also so no hot water, no tv and no current.

But Mr Najmal understood that we are facing lot of problems and when we told him we want to change hotel as we have 3 small kids and it was so cold there that without hot water and other things it wont be comfortable for us, he didnt say a word. He infact told us that if you are not comfortable you need not pay but we paid him one day rent and left the hotel for next day.

Mr Najmal is a good guy but looks like our luck was not good to enjoy this resort. But since this place is far, its very important to have your own car else you will be cheated by the travel desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Monal_V
893najmal, Owner at Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Yes, we did had some staff problems which we have already explained during the time of check-in
, You could have told us earlier" was the reply. We feel that human resource is the most flexible and toughest resource and cannot be predicted and strongly felt that it is better to avoid indecent staff than having them. We regret for all the inconvenience you experienced. Thank you.