“Service not bad BUT DON"T BELIEVE WHAT THEY PROMISE ON SALES DESK”

Country Club Valley Vista
Bengaluru, India
“Service not bad BUT DON"T BELIEVE WHAT THEY PROMISE ON SALES DESK”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I like the entire service but there should be room heater on every room. And food quality is not bad. PLEASE DON"T BELIEVE WHAT THEY PROMISE ON SALES DESK. THERE SALES PEOPLE ARE BIGGGGG LIER..........

Room Tip: Pick the room at top floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moonwalker D
Gope05, General Manager at Country Club Valley Vista, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Kodaikanal. We sincerely appreciate and thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting review on Trip Advisor.

We do provide room heaters on request.

We hope that Country club Valley Vista,Kodaikanal remains your preferred resort on all your future visits to kodaikanal and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 19, 2014

First things put first!!!

From the reviews --
I was so panic about the route to this resort. So, I preferred to hire a vehicle than taking my own! The route was a bit bad, but I wouldn't expect so much in a a hill station. It is okay to take your car, unless it is a new one (as it can hurt you badly!!)

Now, the travel plan:

--> I was at this resort with my family for 2 nights in Feb'14. I hired a taxi from Kodai Road, which took me around 3 hours to reach CCIL resort. Good that I had my own vehicle, as I have seen other people waiting in a queue at CCIL for a vehicle to come and pick them up!

--> I have reached at around 10:30 AM, although I have reservation only from 2 PM. I have requested the staff to check if they can give me a room. Ofcourse, I was asked to wait for 30 min, after which they have allocated a room once the other family vacated it! I am happy!

--> Location -- Superb view from balcony (I was in room 106).. Always misty and nice sun rise view!!

--> Food -- Not bad! Pretty expensive! Better take a food package, if you opt to eat here! Heard A-la-Ca-rte is available, but I haven't tried it. I opted breakfast from here and preferred to take lunch outside. Also, I had my dinner packed from outside, as I don't prefer having a buffet in dinner. I have asked the team to boil milk (which I brought it from outside) for my daughter. After a little discussion, they accepted to do it.

--> Facilities -- Nice hotel kind of, not a resort! The bathroom fittings are good, but the bed is concrete slab covered with a spring mattress.

--> Activities -- Nothing much to play, but they conduct some competition, etc..

+ve -- Location, Staff
-ve -- No pool, No Games!
Overall -- Very good!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony! Some rooms are 101-106, and there are many more like this!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Srikanth_KSLR
Gope05, General Manager at Country Club Valley Vista, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Kodaikanal. We sincerely appreciate and thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. Your recognition of facilities of our resort, quality of our food and service is indeed heart warming. It will give me a great pleasure to share your compliments with the team.

Resort manager
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 2, 2014

1. This is very nice property. It has all necessary amenities barring swimming pool & fitness center but in my opinion, both of these are not required also.

2. Service was little bit slower, but this may be due to higher work load or lower staff.

3. Food is very good & chef deserves really big thanks.

4. View from room is really really awesome. Viewing sunrise in early morning is stunning treat. Rooms are clean and big.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms with balcony have better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Harshavardhana D
Gope05, General Manager at Country Club Valley Vista, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

We apologize for not having met your expectations on the points highlighted and assure you that we have already initiated corrective steps to ensure these are not repeated.

Thanking you once again for your valuable feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Country club Valley Vista,Kodaikanal.

Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a nice time at country club valley vista, Kodaikanal. Staff were so good in behavior. They treated like family members. Room was good and clean as shown in website of countryclub. Also, valley view from room is very beautiful...It waz memorable and sweet trip to kodaikanal and country club added more sweetness to this journey.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rochak_Gupta
Gope05, General Manager at Country Club Valley Vista, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your encouraging feedback through Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive notes and very happy to know that your stay was most enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay at the resort.

It is good to know that you felt comfortable and “well-cared for” during your stay with us the team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to strive harder for excellence and create moments of delight for our guests.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Gope Vinoth B.G

Resort Manager
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went with lods of expectations as reviews says 4 star rating. Now, the story.... reaching the location itself is bit difficult, then we waited 30 mins to get the room or rather find the room which one is available.. lol. The staff is major problem here, everytime you have to request or please.. cmon I'm on vacation and should be asking not pleasing each time. Food quality is below average and the fun part is you are forced to eat what they have made. I mean, can't we ask for our own favorite dish mentioned on menu card... THE ANSWER IS BIG NO!! we had fight and kitchen manager agreed to server but (I know again but) in room as other people will do the same.. surprise right! overall my experience with room size, its cleanliness, room service and location is 2/5... no way I'm going back or suggest my close friends

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Naman_Rawal
Gope05, General Manager at Country Club Valley Vista, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Also noted your concern on food and we will certainly look in to the same and initiate all corrective measures.

Look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Resort Manager
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a great time at Country Club Kodaikanal. Though away from main city ,it has a fantastic location and breath taking views.Room was spacious with a sit out balcony. The view from the balcony of the valley below and surrounding mountains was awesome. The resort is situated at the peak of a mountain,so in Dec ,we could see clouds below. The staff is courteous and helpful. The food was tasty.One evening bonfire was arranged with music and games, which children enjoyed a lot.Overall we enjoyed our stay and had a great time there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sheetal234
Gope05, General Manager at Country Club Valley Vista, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with and experience all the facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcome you again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...