“Transforming Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
1ON1 Fitness Holidays
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I heard about 1ON1 Fitness Holidays while I was vacationing in Kodaikanal. I happened to mention to my aunt about how I was planning on getting a trainer as soon as I returned home to New York when she suggested 1ON1 Fitness. Initially, I was hesitant. I would only get about 5 weeks or so to train. How much could change in that time?

I am so GLAD that I didn’t wait!

The short version: Do not miss out on this dynamic duo's great fitness program! Even if you only have one week in Kodai, make it a point to meet with Prahlladh and Khushi. It will change the way you workout, eat and look at your fitness!

The long version:

The Gym: This is an impressive, well-outfitted gym in a beautiful locale that will more than meet your training needs. You can comfortably and effectively do weights, cardio, jump sports, yoga, and so much more. And if you’re an outdoorsy person, Prahlladh and Khushi have carefully picked out one of the most scenic locations in Kodai to explore and enjoy.

The Workouts: I cannot say enough about these workouts, so I’ll give you my top five.
1) Prahlladh and Khushi structure the workout to fit your fitness level and meet your personal goals. Cannot stress the effectiveness of this enough! If you just want to lose weight, they've got a program for you. If you want to train for a marathon, they've got a program for you. If you have an injury, they know a million and one ways to work around it.
2) While you’re training, the trainers are all about you pushing your body to that next level, but not if that next level means you’re in pain.
3) You walk away from each workout energized and recharged, ready to do it again the next day.
4) The workouts are adaptable so that you can replicate them anywhere you go with the most minimal of tools.
5) And lastly, you will see and feel the results you want with your body.

The Food: I’m a total foodie, and I was a bit worried as to how I would adjust. First things first, Khushi’s food is amaaaazing! How she manages to come up with such creative, delicious concoctions that are healthy was beyond me! But she’s always ready with a recipe if you want one. Outside of Khushi’s help, though, the diet is very doable and tasty from day one. That feeling where you’re just not satisfied after a meal – it’s non-existent with this menu. Remember, when I mentioned how balanced Prahlladh and Khushi are? You can really tell with their prescribed menu. Every food group is included from the beginning, so your body isn't running on a lack of nutrients. Like the workouts, you can visibly see the results on your body!

The Trainers: When I met with Prahlladh and Khushi, what drew me immediately was their honest, balanced, no-nonsense approach to my fitness. They didn’t promise me ridiculous results like 20 pounds off in 10 days; they didn’t give me an unreasonable diet that had me on the brink of starvation, and at the same time they didn’t let me get away with giving less than 100% to both my diet and my workouts. They are both encouraging and tough. And an essential must for any good trainer – they are extensively knowledgeable in their field. I can't tell you how much I've learned from just talking to them. They give you one-on-one training in such a way that when you leave you’re equipped to do it on your own. If you’re like most of their clients, though, you don’t want to miss out on their motivation and help, so you can always join Prahlladh and Khushi’s follow-up on-the-go program.

Results: In a little more than 5 weeks, I . . .
-dropped 7.8 kilos (17.55 pounds) with 6.7 of that being all fat loss.
-took off 6.5 inches off my waist, and that’s just one part of my body!
-increased overall stamina and strength significantly from when I started. I can run/bike longer, lift more, etc.

*Bonus: Along with the actual weight I’ve lost, I’m more toned, so I look 10 pounds lighter than what the scale says.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nyc121

Reviewed April 23, 2012

1 on 1 Fitness is all you can ever want and more from a fitness center!! Khushi and Prahllad are an amazing couple, dedicated to fitness.. in fact they are fitness freaks ... in a great way!! If you're looking to get fit and healthy, then this is where you want to be...this couple will make fitness and health your lifestyle.They are full of energy and enthusiasm and will motivate you in every possible way! They have a beautiful little gym and they are as their name suggests...Totally 1 on 1. They are there for you in every way, and make sure that they give you individual attention. They love Kodai and make sure that you enjoy the outdoors that this beautiful place has to offer. They plan the program according to your fitness level and are passionate about what they do. While their Gym is filled with state of the art equipment, they don't limit themselves to those four walls, instead they also take advantage of the great outdoors! The rooms they offer are clean and comfortable and Khushi makes sure that the food is healthy and tasty. Thank you for everything, Prahllad and Khushi... you guys are the best!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Khushi and Pralladh as the owners of 1on1 Fitness and they are great fun, enthusiastic and motivating. If you're looking to enjoy the beauty that Kodai has to offer and keep fit at the same time, the 1on1 team are superb.. you can go for a morning trek or walk and for the more hardcore, running or mountain biking. They also have a very modern gym also on site.
The 1on1 team are flexible to your requirements and the workouts are scalable no matter what your fitness.
We'll definately be calling in on them again on our next visit to Kodai! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple