“Great place to stay”
Review of Fairway Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
Fairway Inn
Ranked #4 of 96 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
India
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fairway inn is situated in an ideal location in Kodaikanal - while it is just a 10 minute walk from the lake, the property is located away from shops and other establishments and is very quiet. It is part of one of the oldest properties (Brooklyn) in Kodaikanal and has a charming old-world look to it. The cottage is very spacious and has a full-fledged kitchen which is perfect for families travelling with kids. For those looking to simply relax at the cottage, it also comes with a big screen TV and a Nintendo Wii system apart from a lovely garden area with a gazebo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
FairwayInnKodaikanal, General Manager at Fairway Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words and review. Our colonial cottage where you stayed in is ideal for families and we loved hosting you and your family during your stay with us. We also have a new cottage - an eco cottage that is also available for our guests.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bermuda
Reviewed December 2, 2012

That's the magic word. A unique "Home" stay with tailored attention to your vacation and needs.
The cottage is centrally located . Although a comfortable walk away from Seven Roads, it is nestled in peaceful surroundings, with a lovely garden, making it the perfect place for relaxation and recovery ,or for an active and adventurous one .
Food is to your preference, with attention to the organic, farmed by the owners. The flexibility with the menu, gives you the freedom, to stay in or dine out.
The host is gracious and attentive , often going out of his way to make your stay a memorable one.
Although very modern with Television and Wi-Fi and Internet access and Heating, it has retained its unique charm,transporting you into an old worldly quaintness,that for me is the recharging secret of this Home stay.
Don't miss the opportunity.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MS M
FairwayInnKodaikanal, General Manager at Fairway Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you Madam for your words of appreciation. We really enjoyed having you with us.
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed November 27, 2012

First of all, I think this is a unique homestay. Most of the bookings are through reference from previous guests only. When I enquired about availability, the owner sent me an email asking whether I had a reference. When I said that I didnt he sent me a few questions by email which I replied to and he was satisfied that we were the right type of guests for his place and welcomed us with open arms. This he explained is not a mainstream commercial venture but a labor of love and he rather have 10 excellent guests a year than 100 guests who don't appreciate a homestay experience. If you are looking for continuous room service this is not the place for you but if you are looking for a beautiful cottage, with lovely gardens for you and your family to enjoy, very close to the town and lake and to be completely spoilt with food and goodies and treats and great information about kodaikanal then this is the place. The questions the owner sent me also helped him tailor make our holiday for us so we felt very very special.

The cottage is very nice with a small living room, large bedroom, huge tv, wii gaming system, and a cute kitchen with fully stocked fridge with free items. Food is served fresh to your room dining area at times that you request it. We went on a 2 meal a day plan which gave us the flexibility to eat out side and explore the restaurants outside in Kodaikanal. The bedroom is incredibly well heated with both a daily fire and room electric heater, which is all included in the tariff. The bed and pillows are all super luxury memory foam which made our sleeping experience excellent. There is uninterrupted power supply and 24 hours hotwater. It is located as part of a 190 year old heritage bungalow in a 2 acre compound which you have all to yourself, there is another cottage being built, but when we were there we were the only family, some people like having lot of other guests around, we valued our privacy and were happy to see tourists around the lake and Kodaikanal and come back to be alone and relax with each other. There is also free wireless internet and a tablet to help us surf the net all included. Basically so many things are included free that we felt we didnt have any cares in the world and we thoroughly felt at home. There are organic vegetables growing there which was very nice. There is a good gym there but we didnt use it. The owner is a thorough gentleman and he was always available by phone or in person and the butler serving us was very polite and there is no question of tipping him because none of the staff are expecting any tip. You pay the entire amount upfront and then forget everything and enjoy the holiday. Of course we tipped out on our own desire to show appreciation to the staff. Overall a unique homestay and definitely the best property in Kodaikanal.

Room Tip: Give the owner as much information as you can about what kind of holiday you are looking for in his...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rajan D
Dear Sir, Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to host you and your family. And thank for your kind words of appreciation and taking the time to write a detailed review.
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went with our kids to kodaikanal and after filling in some initial questionaires we were allowed to stay in this exclusive homestay. The care we got from the owner with attention to almost every detail was phenomenal. The lovely garden was great for our kids to run around and there were some fish to feed. It was very peaceful and my husband caught up on some movies and I got some reading done, the kitchen is very convenient for me to occasionally make some treats for our kids but we got free goodies galore during our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kalpana R
Thank you so much Madam for your kind words. It was truly a pleasure for us to serve and host you and your family.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at Fairway Inn for 2 nights and also another nature property in Kodaikanal. When we enquired to book we were asked to fill in a simple questionnaire. Based on this our vacation was tailor made for us. We were greeted with a warm welcome and a lot of sweets and refreshments awaited us. We went out all day exploring that town and had hot meals waiting for us. We liked the beautiful gardens and even managed to workout once in the gym. The big screen tv and gaming system let us while away the time and relax in the cold evenings with a warm fire. The owner made sure all of us were well taken care off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mitandcodi
Dear Sir, thank you for your great feedback and review. We look forward to hosting you again.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had an spectacular time at Fairway Inn. It was so peaceful and quiet, and yet so close to everything else in the town. The food was served hot and fresh and to our cottage.
The giant tv and the wii gaming system kept us busy despite the bad weather, and we watched some good movies too. There was a very informative book on Kodaikanal that was quite interesting reading and the service was excellent. We got lots of goodies and felt thoroughly pampered and spoilt. Overall a wonderful time and we will stay only here when we return to Kodaikanal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Sir for your review. We enjoyed hosting you and are glad that you had a wonderful time. with us.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Being a workaholic that I am, I badly needed a break. And since I had not visited many parts of India, I decided that my first stop would be Kodaikanal. I googled several homestays as living in a hotel defeats the purpose of enjoying your surroundings... and Fairway Inn showed up. I almost ignored it thinking it was some European homestay, but much to my surprise it was in Kodaikanal. I got in touch with Navin, the proprietor who guided me on which bus to take and how to get there. Since I was new to the place, he was kind enough to even receive me at the Bus stop.

Fairway Inn is a beautiful place, tucked away in the middle of nowhere. Lush green gardens all around me, a cozy warm, neat and tidy cottage was awaiting me. Words cannot describe this place.. you have to live here to experience it. Right from the time I stepped into this inviting place to the time I left for mine, I was attended to by house helps each time I needed anything. I also spotted a greenhouse. So I knew that the stuff that I was eating was freshly prepared and delicious!

If you need to relax and really unwind, then is the place for you. I came home refreshed and I'm planning my next trip soooooon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much Madam for your kind words of appreciation. We have a colonial cottage that has a very much of an European feel like you rightly mentioned.