“!!! One of the Best Place !!! - Blessen Joseph”

and 1 more site!
Surya Holidays Kodaikanal
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I opted for surya holidays based on the feed back given on trip advisor and surya holiday website. I was bit uncomfy thinking how far these comments and feedbaks may be true. But i realised tat this was one of the best place in Kodaikanal once i reached the spot with my family in december. We opted for Royal Suite and it had a beautiful sunrise view from the bedroom and the balcony. We never missed our cup of coffee every morning siting in the balcony and enjoying the sun rise view and the lake view beneth the hills. Surya holidays in on one of the toppest hills in kodaikanal and thats the click for this resort. You get natural OXYGEN and all time chillax breeze. Their suite had a complete wodden interiors with all modern amenities. You will never have problem with hot water which is so common in kodai hotels. The owner of the resort is so loving that he helps you at all times no matter he is busy with other works. John and his assistant were so friendly with us. He infact thought my wife on some cooking ideas. Room heater and camp fire is always available on request. TV with satelite channels is 24 hrs available. Horses and bisons are commonly seen grazing beside our suite room. Sometimes power goes for a six for 1 or 2 hrs but that is common in kodaikanal. My wife and daughter enjoyed so much and i really thank Sorab (Owner) for all his services. We had a good chauffer (Chandru) arranged by Sorab who speaks good english including the local language. He calculated all my trips properly and took care of my child also very often on the trip. Overall i shall say that Surya holidays is a beautiful place for honemoon & also for family if you have an idea to visit kodaikanal.

Room Tip: i will suggest go for any suite rooms than choosing common cottage rooms. Kindly ask for bed room he...
1  Thank BlessenJoseph

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had a great time at Kodaikanal and the full credit goes to Surya Resort. My experience at Surya was out of the world. The resort is located in town itself but away from all the hustle and bustle, on a quiet hill top with acres of surrounding land covered by peach trees, a natural spring, horses and untamed bisons.They have individual cottages which are made of wood, more like European cottages.The interiors are rich, romantic and very cosy.Each cottage offers a full view of Kodaikanal lake and the near by places. Service is very good and so is the homely food that they provide. The place is ideal for anybody who wishes to enjoy and relax. I think all the honeymoon couples out there should definitely visit Surya for a romantic vacation.

1  Thank Shafeeq_Oman
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My stay at the Surya Priderock was an experience that I will never forget.I stayed there with my family and I was spellbound by the tranquility and the beauty of the place.We were there for a week and I must say that we enjoyed to our maximum.

The cottages are set on a hill top and when you stand on your bedroom balcony and look down, you feel like you are on top of the world. The rooms are luxurious, completely wooden, cosy and well kept. Every morning you will be greeted by the sun's rays beaming in through the windows and at night you can just sit outside by the fire and immerse yourself in the quietness of the place. They even arrange barbeques at night.

The thing that I liked the most about Surya is the warm nature of the staff and the way they treat you as if you have gone to your own home. The food should be ordered if you are planning to have it there and I must add that its delicious.The resort is located very close to the lake. You can actually see the lake and the surrounding areas from your balcony.The view is breath taking especially during sunrise.

There is a horse ranch in the same compound and a natural spring too. The place is very calm and quiet and in accord with nature. Sometimes you can even see bisons grazing near the cottages.That is something that you rarely get to see in all the other luxury hotels and resorts. And in case you need a taxi and a guide for sight seeing, they will arrange it for you.

I will recommend Surya to all my friends and family who wish to experience a magical vacation at Kodaikanal. I have never been to a better resort till date and I can say that you will never get such an experience elsewhere.The charm and the beauty of this resort is the way they have kept it, without disturbing the nature, the prime location and also the way they make you feel at home...Hats off to Surya!

2  Thank munawarkhader
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The best holiday location I have been to in an Indian hill station..Quiet and relaxing... The mist above the lake, the early morning light show (try waking at 5am to watch the sunrise its a view u don't want to miss), the picturesque meadow..anyone becomes a poet at this place...We preferred staying in here than site seeing... Kudos to shorab the owner for his hospitality and his staffs who were extremely friendly...will definitely go back here....

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Asomnath
Reviewed January 27, 2012

It was a great experience to be in Surya Holiday resort in December. We had stayed 3 nights and were all gloomy to leave the place. The room was outstanding; the ambience was so pleasant and tranquil. The camp fire in the night, the view of the lake all helped us to unwind from our hectic life abroad. The location and the surrounding give us so much of peace and all will agree that it’s really worth the money we pay for it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Spent 2 nights at Surya Holidays Kodai with family. Very secluded property.... great scenery... homely food... nice environment and personal service... The staff was courteous and very helpful.. Hope to go there again next season with friends,,,

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank asswen
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a serene and calm place in kodaikanal. The rooms have a nice view of kodaikanal lake. The staff are very helpful and will assure you a nice stay!

• Stayed: January 2012