“Homely Guest House” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 91 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Chennai (Madras), India
“Homely Guest House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here with my family during the 1st week of May' 13 for 3 nights/days.We chose Superior Room with Terrace and I was so glad for having chosen B'hive as it is located in such a fantastic location and provides an amazing view of the Mountains covered in Clouds.

The room size was good enough for a family of four.The toilet was very clean though I don't feel the same about the bed sheet,pillow cover and blanket which needs replacement.Water was available 24hrs a day .If you run out of water just give a call to Arun and he will switch on the motor immediately.

Arun,the Care taker came across as a very kind and helpful person.We loved the food served by Arun.But ensure that you place the order atleast two to three hours before .The food quality was very good and we really enjoyed it.Guests may have to bear with Arun if there is any delay on his part in serving food or fulfilling any of their requirements on time after all he is the sole caretaker and we never felt bad whenever the food was served late as it allowed as to go more hungry and consume more of his lovely home made food.

Arun arranged a cab for sight seeing and the Cab driver Prem was very pleasant and helpful.The cab was very clean and well maintained by the driver.He is one of the best drivers I have ever come across .

Myself and my family thought that 3 days was a short period and we have plans to visit Kodai again during off season and are looking to stay for atleast a week and our choice for stay is B'hive's .

Mr.Balaji do convey my regards to Arun and Prem.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful experience at B's Hive Cottage. I booked the complete cottage for my family and my total family felt as though we were staying at our own house. Cottage was so Calm and clean. Enjoy the chillness sitting outside the room and have your food on the open space served by the care taker. The care taker Mr.Arun and his brother Mr.Anand were so humble enough and served us whatever we requested. Their tiffin was so good. Wonderful experience and damn sure will visit Kodaikanal again. Thanks to Mr.Balaji and the care takers.

1 Thank Suresh K
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

One of My friend adviced, whatever happens,stay in this hotel. Believe me! I rescheduled my whole trip just to get into this hotel! The owner, Mr.Balaji, helped us as far as possible in bookings and once we got down in kodai, we were about to be robbed by a travel agent professionally, then comes Mr.Prem. the driver of cottage. He took us every place at very affordable rates and the journey was in private car which was well maintained.

About the cottage, when I reached cottage and spent an evening there, came to know why my friend said like that. The caretaker/manager Mr.Arun who has a Broad, Soothing smile on his face always, was very caring and it was pleasure for us to call him again n again for requesting things, he didn't lost smile once! We checked 2rooms in 2 days(mezzanine,terrace supreme) both were spectacular with neat rooms and pleasant smelling bathrooms , the view from terrace was simply awesome! If u got lucky, you'll be In between clouds!!

The Homemade food was very very good and it was worth the money spent on it. Taste- fantastic price- insanely cheaper than rest of kodi kanal!

I will definitely recommend the hotel, homely food and its travel desk for everyone who is going to kodi kanal, as those 3 things made my trip memorable.

Room Tip: EVery room is enjoyable. If less than three people, mezzanine. Less than 5 then terrace supreme unle...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Akshay A
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We are very happy to stayed over there. It was a great hospitality. And we are very much enjoyed the atmosphere. Owner Mr.Balaji has provided all the valuable details prior to this trip. it was so helpful us to prepare ourself. And caretaker made us to feel that stayed in comfortable way. I strongly recommend this hotel for the family who wants to spend within budget without sacrifice the enjoyment. Totally it was the great experience for us.

1 Thank Chelian K
Coimbatore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Exellant Budget Hotel for family, group or friends. Caretakers where very friendly and always ready to service. Overall a very nice and neat place to stay!!!
There was a slight delay in preparing the food, but otherwise everthing was fine.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms are good to have a view of the surroudings.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sunil R
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days ( 11/05/2013 & 12/05/2013). The place is calm and serene. Wonderful view from the room as well as from the common area. Neat and well arranged, the room is spacious for a small family. Special mention of the caretaker Arun, what a humble guy. Noone will believe that this guy has done B.Sc(I.T), such a nice character and always at your service.

Food was homely and well organized.
Bathrooms are neat and tidy.

Few things to remember:
Order the food well in advance as it takes some time to arrive at your room.
Switch on the geyser 15 min before you want it to be ready as it takes some time to generate hot water.
You need to walk 2 min to reach the road where the cabs can pick you up.
It's value for money all the way.
I recommend this home-stay for small families.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am writing this review a tad late, but I guess better late than never.

+ves: Mr. Balaji & Arun are very warm people & make you feel right at home - anticipative yet non-invasive, Clean rooms (especially bathrooms - one of the things my wife was very appreciative of), Rooms are cleaned up daily - without having to run behind the management as one needs to in other establishments, excellent view & sit out area, total privacy despite the glaring openness, small things like a kettle & tea bags were provided in the room that made the entire experience so much better.
-ves: Car Parking is unavailable, Food available here is purely for sustenance & not to relish - I would suggest Tavas, no generator.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple