I stayed two days in April 2012.
- Looks good outside, rooms are big enough, relatively clean but not immaculately clean
- Owner appears to be keen to help the customers but not up to the mark
- Relatively helpful staff but not very helpful
- Had a problem with the toilet flush. I rang the reception and asked for help who did not send anyone to sort the problem for more than 3 hrs. When I called again, they sent a man who wasn't very helpful. He did some work on the flush but did not solve the problem. The problem was solved only the next day.
- Houseflies are bit of a nuisance.
- Restaurant room service is very expensive
- No designated car parking. One or two cars can be parked in front of the hotel. If those places are filled then the cars may have to be parked on the street.
- Lifts do not work when there is no electricity (At least two times per day the electricity cuts were made during our stay and we had to climb three floors during the power cuts).
- Hot water facility is a bit of mess. The hotel says that they provide hot water 24/7 which is partly correct but not fully. There is a hot water geezer for every room which can only provide hot water for about 5 to 10 mins maximum (About 10 - 20 litres). After this one has to wait for around 20 - 30 mins for water to get hot).
- Lastly our taxi driver said that the hotel authorities were not helpful as compared to other hotels in the areas (He is a professional driver from a travel agency who has had visited Kodaikanal on many occasions).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcomes you to a luxurious and memorable stay at one of India's most popular and scenic hill stations, Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu). The happiest to help you grace our hotel and create lifelong memories for yourself. The resort provides 38 luxurious rooms, well designed and decorated guest rooms with wooden flooring. Every window frames a beautiful natural greenery of scenic Kodaikanal. The Honeymoon suite offering views of the surrounding mountains and valley ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Pleasant Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.