“Average Hotel with Very Good Staff”

Hotel Valley View Inn
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It is a fairly good hotel situated in the heart of the Kodaikanal with safe & secure parking neat rooms with hot water on demand at odd hours. Good food and service. Quite popular in Kodai, near to most of the places of tourist interest. Though a small establishment but well managed as well maintained having power backup.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Valley have better view of Kodai.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 days with my family and brother in laws family...Enjoying ...Veg buffet breakfast and dinner all are south indian veg items..just ok. Location is behind Kodai bus stand...This is one of the siva priya (Rathna store chennai) properties. ..some room have good views, but I can't het good views. ..Front desk staff justok, but the manager very informative. .I thing not worth for money ..I feel bit costly... one advantage is b'fast and dinner package..

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank gpmari10
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Reception: You are not received here. You are an intruder.
Staff: never found such rude people
Hygiene: It is like a dirty lodge
Room service: You order, u get in an hour, or sometimes again after an hour if u remind back. one manager looks after reception as well as room service.
Ambience: dark to hide dirt
surroundings: very bad
Value for money: You can get much better at this price
buffet breakfast and dinner: excellent, u get all sorts of exotic indian veg delicacies
but u are not wanted as a guest who can pamper.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Shailendra S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hotel is really good, staff is also good, nice location. Near to kodaikanal lake and market area. I booked three rooms and all rooms are good clear and having large bad. I enjoyed my stay with family here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

it was excellent trip.hotel was neat and clean which we wanted.however the waiters were not friendly and a little bit rude while serving the foods.they wanted to order all the foods at time which was not possible and is not practical as well.how can you order your meals all at once??????

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

First let me talk abou the positives:
The location of the hotel is very close to the main bus stand.
The food they serve is good but certainly priced higher.
Now the negatives:
Once I checked in I was told that the breakfast can be served in my room, but when I called the reception to place the order I was told that there is no room service and that I have to walk in to the restaurant.I went to the restaurant and it took them an eternity to serve the breakfast and that too after creating a lot of fuss.
Second thing is when we checked the bed there were some fleas / bugs and when I woke up the next day I had bed bug bite marks over my right shoulder and it looked really bad. So people who are really keen on cleanliness can take a wise call themselves about checking in or not.
Also the front desk manager was extremely rude in telling me that I have to check out as I am 30 minutes over my stipulated check out time and once I had checked out he had the guts to call me to offer a cab to visit a particular place (I never asked for any at the first place).
Kodaikanal just makes up for all these issues by presenting it's pristine beauty and calmness.It is such a wonderful place and I would definitely make it a point to visit it one or more number of times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel was good and clean, near to bus stand and restaurant. Approach road to this Hotel is very stinky . Hotel staff was providing room cleaning services if we pushthem. we got room at -1 level. It didn't have any natural light because of that room had moisture all the time

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have good view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family