The hotel itself is half a building site. We arrived in the morning and was offered breakfast. The dinning room was dark with leftover food on our table. There were also RATS running around on the side table! We managed to order two plain omelettes and tea/coffee, which were charged us 600 rupees - way too expensive. They also put our leftovers on the side table without clearing them straight away - guess who would get to them first? The beds are horrible with no mattresses, simply plywood boards with some foam on top. Bedside lamp does not have plug. The manager also tried to charge us 1200 rupees for a taxi to Chittaurgarh, which should only be 500.
However, the male owner of the hotel is very nice. His family has been living there for 400 years. He also helped us book a taxi with reasonable price. It's a shame as the hotel building itself is beautiful, just needs good management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unfolding the History of Chittorgarh: Chittorgarh is a city in Rajasthan which is located on the banks of river Gambhiri and Berach. The district was bifurcated and a new district namely Pratap Garh was created with certain portion taken from Udaipur district in the newly created district of Pratap Garh.This city of Chittorgarh is the epitome of pride, romance and spirit, for people of Chittor who always chose death before surrendering against anyone.WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort is the epitome of the glorious history of the Chundawat clan. It was built way back in in the 16th century by Thakur Jaimal of the Sisodia dynasty, cousin of Maharana Pratap who is a distinct part of the history, founder of the Bassi principality. The 16th century WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort is just a fleeting distance of 25 km from Chittorgarh. It is amidst the hills of the Vindhyachal ranges and makes a perfect break and an embrace of Hritage India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bassi Fort Palace Chittaurgarh
- WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort Palace India/Rajasthan - Chittaurgarh