Bassi fort palace hotel is located in the bylanes of Bassi village around 25 kms from Chittorgarh. Our first glimpse of the hotel from outside was that of a run down hotel and we were not expecting much. However, when we entered the courtyard, it was as if we were transported through time in another era...
The rooms were very spacious with an old world feel. As we had come from Jaipur after seeing the lifestyle of the royals, we could identify with the rooms which though not as grand as the Jaipur city palace, were definitely their lesser cousins... The bathrooms could use some renovation but overall the rooms were clean and neat.
What really tipped us in favour of this small getaway was the superb service we received from the staff... Excellent food where they indulged our request for authentic Rajasthani cuisine and served us daily with different Rajasthani specialities - right from appetizers to desserts.. The lovely ambience coupled with excellent service makes me recommend this place to people who want to experience history with peace of mind but without much frills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unfolding the History of Chittorgarh: Chittorgarh is a city in Rajasthan which is located on the banks of river Gambhiri and Berach. The district was bifurcated and a new district namely Pratap Garh was created with certain portion taken from Udaipur district in the newly created district of Pratap Garh.This city of Chittorgarh is the epitome of pride, romance and spirit, for people of Chittor who always chose death before surrendering against anyone.WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort is the epitome of the glorious history of the Chundawat clan. It was built way back in in the 16th century by Thakur Jaimal of the Sisodia dynasty, cousin of Maharana Pratap who is a distinct part of the history, founder of the Bassi principality. The 16th century WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort is just a fleeting distance of 25 km from Chittorgarh. It is amidst the hills of the Vindhyachal ranges and makes a perfect break and an embrace of Hritage India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bassi Fort Palace Chittaurgarh
- WelcomHeritage Bassi Fort Palace India/Rajasthan - Chittaurgarh