“Well worth a visit”

$99.00*
Private Day Trip to the Keoladeo National Park in Bharatpur from Jaipur
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Bharatpur
More attraction details
Owner description: Bharatpur bird sanctuary is home to over 350 species of birds.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We rose early to catch the sun rise in the bird park it was a beautiful site, the park is refreshing with paths and a number of lakes over 300 different birds have been sighted here. We hired a rickshaw which carried us round the parkland provided a bit of a commentary, make sure you barter down for a good deal as there are lots of rickshaw stops around if people aren't willing to budge! we saw a number of birds and overall spent a spectacular morning with this indian wildlife I thoroughly recoomend stopping by. Binoculars may be helpful!

4  Thank Becmck

Reviewed June 11, 2014

the entire park is very beautiful. There are lots of different birds from all over the world and also some animals you can see there in park. there is a sitting arrangement inside the park where we had our breakfast with so many birds and squirrels)))

2  Thank Parandzime T
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The bird sanctuary is located in Bharatpur - around 2 1/2 hours from Jaipur. I went in the off season which meant there were very few tourists - it felt as though we had the park just for ourselves

No cars are allowed in the park so you either walk, hire your own bike or get driven around by a naturalist in a rickshaw - this is the option we chose and one I would recommend as the naturalist (at least Harish, the one we had) was very knowledgeable and a good spotter.

The park itself is average in size but full of wildlife. You do not have to travel very far before you come across your first amazingly coloured bird, or your first family of macaques. Riding on the rickshaw means you are able to get very close. The park was very green when I went - which was in the dry season so I imagine it must really come to life after the monsoon.

As there are no cars, the park is very quiet and serene and you quickly forget the outside world once you enter.

We took quite a few trips to the park - early morning - when the light is beautiful and then close to sunset. It got quite hot towards the end of the morning trips so best to bring a hat. We did also experience a mini (and quite refreshing) storm whilst there - our naturalist carried on cycling however and so the trip was not spoiled.

The scenery is a mix of lakes, rivers, meadows and forest and there are various routes you can take which takes you deeper into the park.We spent between 3 and 4 hours there each time - although the time went by very quickly.

I saw a huge array of wildlife - much more than I expected -although it obviously doesn't compare to some of the larger parks and safaris you can go on. Take some binoculars for the bird viewing. We saw deer, jackalls, peacocks, vultures, monkeys, a huge turtle and lots of exotic birds which I can not name. The trip raised my interest in bird watching and so I hope to be more knowledgeable when I go back.

This was my first time wildlife watching in India and it was a gentle, thoroughly worthwhile experience.

3  Thank morts109
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very nice natural area with lots of birds and some wildlife. One tip though make sure top shop around rickshaws before choosing as we paid 3 times more than other guests.

3  Thank runnerforfunner
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very disappointing. Very little water all around, and very few birds, hardly visibel without bionoculars.

1  Thank sumantra_travel