Hotel Park Regency
The Bagh(Bharatpur)
Swaraj Resorts(Bharatpur)
Hotel Sunbird(Bharatpur)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshealthy atmospherenice hotelfood quality ishotel ownerperfect locationnational parkbudget hotelbird sanctuaryroom servicefacilitiesbirds
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Most of the time we prefer staying in a government hotel which are not always well managed but because they have got best locations.BUt this time we could not get accomodation in any government hotel so we preferred to explore some private ones and ended up staying in this great hotel.WE stayed on the first floor of this hotel room which was clean but the main problem with this hotel is that their service is very bad. For each and everything you will have to literally warn them then only they will act otherwise they do not bother. INspite of your repeated requests they wont serve you bed tea.THeir TV sets are showpieces, they have electricity problem whenever there is electricity failure they wait endlessly for electricity to come when many people start shouting them then only they bother to switch on their generator. Manytimes there is no water in the room. So its not a good choice to opt for this hotel.Today when we were checking out they gave us the bill and we roughly checked it and paid them whatever they mentioned.After leaving hotel I was just looking at the bill and to our surprise we found that for tea and chapatis they charged us more than we actually had. THis really disturbed us...so beware of this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank sseema
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The most horrible shocker of our life time- Will never ever revisit even in the wildest of our dreams
After seeing the earlier reviews on internet, I had booked a room in Hotel Park Regency in Bharatpur. We reached the place in the late afternoon. The room was quiet ok and therefore I checked in and paid an advance amount which was surplus to the room rent. We were shown the menu card and we were told that all the items were available. Since we were very tired, we decided to have a hot water bath. However, to our surprise, hot water was not made available inspite of repeated requests. We waited for two hours and then finally decided to have some rest instead. The next horror was on the cards. There was so much disturbance of some repair work going on in the adjacent room. I requested to the manager to get the repair work stopped so that we could atleast have some rest. However, he did not listen. I lost my temper and asked the manager to make me speak to the owner of the hotel. I was then shocked to know that the owner was very much present in the adjoining room and he was already overhearing my words of dismay. Instead of pacifying me and trying to reassure me, he instead gave me a blast and started criticizing me for making a fuss of everything. I was shocked at his attitude and immediately decided to vacate the hotel. But, he with a lot of attitude and indecent looks declared that he would not refund our money whatsoever. After repeated quarrels, we were shifted to a new room where hot water was available. But guess what- now there was no normal water to mix with the hot water.

There was a power failure and I enquired from the manager why there was no backup arrangement and why the generator was not being switched on. He told me that they would wait till night and only then, the generator would be started. I, however came to know from someone that there was actually no generator or backup arrangement for the power. We stayed in dark till late evening. When we finally decided to order some snacks and dinner, we selected from the menu and called the waiter for placing the order. But to our utmost disappointment and shock, he told us that very few items which were actually written on the menu card were available. We had to eat as per their choice only.

Had a very shocking experience. Don’t understand how these people are in hospitality business. Would never ever visit the place again even in the wildest of my dreams.
Would suggest all my fellow travelers not even to consider this hotel. My family had the worst shocker of our lifetime.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank sanjeevbhalla1974
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I wanted to stay at the Birders Inn, but it was full and the hotel I was staying at in Delhi recommended Park Regency, it sounded fine. The accommodation was fine, I was showed the room by a young chap and after I said thank you and shut the door, not 2 mins later he was back knocking on my door, did I want anything, am I coming to the restaurant etc, I said to him very firmly that I didn't want anything else tonight and I would see him in the morning. He was back not five minutes later, after a time I ignored him, but he was knocking and ringing the buzzer! In the morning he was back at 8.30am knocking and ringing the buzzer, I wasn't happy and didn't answer which I could hear really annoyed him. I think I was the only westerner there which is why I got all the hassle. I stayed out all day in the park, which was excellent and ate across the road at the Birders Inn, which was very good. Also I asked for a taxi/rickshaw to take me to the station at 7am but nothing had been arranged and so I had to go out and find one myself. I would not recommend this hotel, the website looks good but its not.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo