“Matured Couple”

Hotel CJ International
Ranked #73 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
“Matured Couple”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Best place to stay who has to walk less to visit Golden temple.
But never stay in Standard Double Room.It is too small for the stay of two persons.
Select higher category rooms . They are sufficiently big and very nice.
Staff is very co operative particularly House Keeping In-Charge Lady.
It is a Clean and attractive hotel.We are also satisfied with the working of Reception staff.
Next time we will stay in this hotel only in Higher category room.

Room Tip: Go for any room other than Standard Double.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Prem A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Lakebay, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had traveled all day and exhausted. I intended to experience the "free" hostel at by the golden temple but decided once I saw the "CJ" and saw how elegant the entrance was to inquire within. I was right! The room was clean and exactly what I needed: Safe and up to modern standards. I'm a filmmaker and needed to charge stuff up and guaranteed safety of expensive equipment. "Sammy" the owner took great liberities to ensure that I feel 'at home.' I noticed the clientele were returning customers and that makes a huge impression for me. The staff were all professional and kind. Plus, I got to see an amazing view from the hotel of the golden temple! I will make this place "my hotel" always.

Room Tip: Depends how high maintenance you are, but I just want a clean and safe room with electricity and con...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KarinaW680
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The first thing noticeable about this hotel is location. Ideally located in front of one of the entrances to the Golden Temple which is a boon if you plan to visit in the night but bane in terms of accessibility as vehicles are not allowed nearby. Though travelling within Amritsar does not take more than 15-20 mins from anywhere to anywhere so benefit of being close to the Temple is hardly felt.

We rented two super deluxe rooms for a night which were satisfactory but located in the basement which are prone to continuous vehicular noise behind.

Cleanliness in the toilets were not up to the mark.

The rent per room is excessive compared to overall quality of the rooms and service. There are certainly better options if you do not mind travelling 5-15 mins for the temple in stead of living at the doorstep.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a super deluxe room if you have to stay at CJ hotel and that too front facing i.e. to...
1 Thank rajkul
Kalyan
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Hotel is situated near the Golden temple. I really enjoyed staying there with my family. The service and staff of the hotel was good. Rooms were clean. I would really recommend this hotel.

Anita Dmello

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I got a call from cleartrip on reaching amritsar that they had upgraded my room to a deluxe room however on reacing the hotel a standard room was allotted to us which was unclean and not upto our expectations. My mother was highly disappointed with the cleaniness of the room alloted to her.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Pawandeep B

Travelers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

Delhi
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Hotel is situated just opposite the Golden Temple which made our visit to the Golden Temple quite convenient. The Hotel service was decently ok and the room was clean. I would recommend this hotel to tourists visiting Amritsar for a short stay.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Sidhant K
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lead-in...
After arriving in Amritsar airport, the cacaphony of taxi drivers hollering for my (non-Indian) attention was not unlike any other city I visited in India. Everybody wanted my money. I "found" a cab driver that was more subdued and rolled into Amritsar in his taxi. (Side bar note: the ride from the airport was about 700 rupees). He took me to the hotel which I had found on hotels.com (NOT the Hotel CJ). After walking into that hotel, I found it to be sub-par even for Indian standards, with no A/C, dirt and other dried discolorations on the walls and sheets. I walked out of that hotel immediately and told the taxi driver to take me to another nearby hotel, which happened to be the Hotel CJ...

My review....
The Hotel CJ was very inviting, especially compared to the the previous hotel. The manager was at the front desk and warmly greeted us. We explained we were looking for a comfort refuge at an inexpensive price but would not commit to anything until we saw the room in which we would stay. (I had run into this situation before with being shown a comfortable room and then getting another not-quite-as-nice room.) He showed us the different types of rooms from the high-end to the low-end. We chose the mid-level though he kept trying to upsell us on the additional comforts on the high-end room.

The room and sheets were clean with no signs of insects or human waste, and the beds were a good place to lay our heads. It was not overly comfortable but after walking around the Golden Temple and Amritsar all day, a softish bed was very welcoming.

The buffet was tasty and filling before heading out for the day. I don't have anything overly positive or negative to say.

As many other reviewers have pointed out, the proximity to the Golden Temple is extremely close and could not be any closer, well maybe...if you chose to stay in the Temple itself (which is possible).

The staff was helpful and friendly, from good directions to where to eat (other than at the Golden Temple) to post office directions.

The one thing that bothered me at the time was when I saw the desk clerk giving the cab driver money for bringing us to the Hotel CJ. It was evidently supposed to be a surreptitious deal because the manager kept trying to divert my attention from what was going on, but I saw nevertheless. I do understand that things like this occur all the time but I would have preferred the deal to occur AFTER we were out of eye or earshot. However, that was the only personal grievance I had. Every other aspect of the Hotel CJ was acceptable with no complaints.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends