“Great value, clean and pleasant”

Hotel Shiraz Regency
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Israel
“Great value, clean and pleasant”
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed at the Shiraz in August, for two nights. The room was very nice, the sheets white and clean, the bathroom was spotless, the service very good, the AC was a relief.
The public areas here can be improved - the entrance lobby is not so nice well as the hallways. Otherwise its good value for money.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — The lobby
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
NORTH HUMBERSIDE
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I happened to stay in this Hotel with a friend of mine and was very satisfied with all the services provided by the Hotel people.
We took a astudio Room whose decor was excellent ,specially the toilets! They were amazing with the best of accessories used,shower Panels and glass wash basins were very attractive.
Also the food was very delicious ,with very quick service ,staff was very helpful In all ! we loved to stay here and would certainly like to come here again as it provides everything at a price that
does'nt pinch your pocket!

• Liked — The Toilets and the Room decor was also great
  • Disliked — nothing much
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
NEW DELHI
Reviewed June 14, 2008

I stayed at the Shiraz Regency with my family and enjoyed my stay.Very conveniently located. Good rooms with ac, courteous staff and okay food. Currently, they only have room service, the restaurant cum coffee shop is under construction. They also provide free breakfast and pick up/drop rom Rly Stn.

Will stay here on my next visit......good experience.

• Liked — good rooms and conveniently locaed
  • Disliked — room service requires improvement
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank tiger61
Pune
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We stayed there in the month of april on our way back frm jammu the place has decent rooms . Size is good, location is great . quite a few good restaurants close by and staff was very helpfull . Over all with the crazy rates being quoted everywhere else and comapred to the room size we go to stay in the deal was great . Highly recommend for families with kids and a overnight stop in amritsar.

• Liked — location room sizes staff friendliness
  • Disliked — hot water issues
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank GuptaSheel
Pune, India
Reviewed May 3, 2008

I was on a family trip to Manali with my daughter and wife in March 2008 and had planned to go to Amritsar on my way back.

I basically chose this place because of the proximity to the railway station and the Golden Temple.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for a decent place at extremely affordable rates.

Prompt room service was an added advantage. The food was also pretty good.

Overall a very satisfying experience.

• Liked — Very good staff which was generally quite helpful throughout.
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Manchester
Reviewed April 24, 2008

We were in Amritsar for 3 nights in March and stayed at Shiraz Regency. I have been to Amritsar a few times before and spent more money and stayed elsewhere. But I highly recommend this hotel over all the expensive "fancy" ones out there. This place is very "fancy" from the inside. The bathrooms are excellent (looks like they are recently done - very modern) and the bedrooms are clean and very well kept - far better than the others that I have stayed at.

We got very good service. There is free pick up from the railway station (which is about 5 minutes away). Very convenient for us since we took the Shatabdi from Delhi. I'm not sure but I think they provide pick up from the airport too. The location is great for the Golden Temple which is a 10 minute drive. There are taxis available all the time to hire. The staff is friendly and the owners are always around, managing the place I guess - which is great.

All in all I would recommend this place and would go back there myself on my next trip to Amritsar.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2008

We stayed at Hotel Shiraz for 2 nights and appreciated the friendliness of the staff there. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and responded to our requests promptly. The rooms were clean and spacious, with all the facilities expected.

Stayed April 2008