“Highly disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Sydney, Australia
“Highly disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel based on its rank on tripadvisor as well as the comments. However what I didn't do was look at who was reviewing this hotel! My partner and I stayed at this hotel over Christmas for 4 nights and over those four night did NOT experience friendly, welcoming or attentive staff at all. The only positives I can think of were the food we ordered from room service and the guy who picked us up at the airport - at least he had a smile when he greeted us! Hotel staff barely speak English and we felt as though we weren't given the same level of respect as other people simply because of our age. (21 and 22yrs old) which was clearly obvious when we would go down to reception and we felt like we were burdening the staff with our simple questions, yet when older people walked past or nationals, they would smile and be friendly to them! It was honestly the worst experience as a foreigner I have had in terms of customer service. I would NOT recommend this hotel to international tourists.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank -kdee-3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ludhiana, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Hotel is located in the center of the city.Things like Railway station,Bus Stand,Golden Temple,Durgayana temple are very close to this hotel .Food of this hotel is very yummy.This hotel also provide complimentry gym facility.The hotel is fully neat and clean.

Amritsar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Having a luxury facility,location and food is the main force which make me a regular visitor of Shiraz,Hotel staff is quite good responsive ,I am impress with the hospitality of this hotel.Its overall a good experience for me...

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Narnaul, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

rooms are luxirous, food is of good quality, hospitality is excellent, free wifi facility, pic & drop facility is available complimentory, facility of gym is also there , behaviour of staff is very good .

Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am a regular visitor to this Hotel.The staff is very friendly,excellent rooms ,food & room service is also very good. Advantage is it is centrally located.Very near to all the tourist destinations of Amritsar.Overall good value for money.

Vadodara, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for two nights and I didn't experience anything delighting. We reach at the given address and we can't find our hotel. There were 2-3 Shiraz's but we can't find ours. Then someone informed that Shiraz Regency is Shiraz Castle now. I didn't get greeted with smile. In fact no greetings at all. It was not rush time with lot of check ins - check outs, they were all free at the desk. The entrance of the hotel looked somewhat upscale with nice doors and sofas and flooring but my room was very ordinary. It was white washed with bright white lights. No aesthetics. There was no heater and news paper provided which I had come to expect after staying at different places at same price. The free wi-fi was difficult to connect but we called up few times and a guy did something with router on our floor and it was OK thereafter. The tea maker and accompaniments like sugar, tea bag, coffee, etc were fine, no biscuits though.

There were three different instances when I got really annoyed with noise and disturbance. On first day late evening there was a party going on in banquet hall right below my floor with loud music. I could only sleep when the party ended. But then I started hearing conversation of some people. I thought it's someone outside my room but no it was someone outside hotel, on the road. It was cold, silent winter night and these guys were so clearly audible, talking and laughing. Then there was commotion outside my room and I understood that some group has checked in. These guys just wouldn't settle, shouting and calling each other from one room to another. Suddenly door bell of my room rings. I wake up and go to door hastily and the guy goes oh sorry I thought it is one of our friends' room! I wanted to tell him cheers but I couldn't as I had had enough. I just shut the door on his face.

My wife once ordered a Punjabi Thali for dinner and she didn't finish. We didn't order anything else then. Location is good from connectivity point of view but there is nothing beautiful around to enjoy on foot. Queens road, where this hotel is located, is a market place with mostly auto spares and accessories shops. The hotel claims to offer luxury but it's only confusing further. One should definitely look for options and check out other hotels in the vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ronakaron
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Staff is good and prompt. Not a luxury hotel but value for money for just couple of nights. Do not order food from hotel, just eat out. Basically, neat and clean but check the hotel towels before use.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family