“Perfect VFM hotel with welcoming staff”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Shiraz Regency
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed August 22, 2012

HI

We stayed in this hotel in mid-aug for one night with family. We were looking for something just to spend a night and booked this hotel through make my trip where we got a good deal.

The hotel is not like a 3 or 4 star in terms of standard or furnishings, but, if you are looking for something basic to spend a night with family in Amritsar, I would recommend this hotel since, it is situated on a main road (Queens Road) close to Golden temple, with fair sized rooms, working AC's, hot water, power generators, toilets, and helpful, welcoming and accommodating staff, which are not always available together in this city unless you spend more.

Overall good experience.

Thanks

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rodeoankie

Reviewed August 20, 2012

i went to Amritsar and stayed there without prior booking, love this place & we got the best room with mirror bathroom.
everything was perfect & hotel is locate in heart of city. food was excellent and so the service

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I really loved this hotel, it's owner and the staff were so kind and helpful. They were committed to our staying and further travels through India. It's well located and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It has a very good room service and a really good restaurant where you can find different kinds of food. I really recomend this place, it's been one of the best hotels i've been to in my two month of travel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

It's very cheap, I paid 1,300 Rupees per night for a large room with A/C, and the location is very good, walking distance from Maharaja Ranjit Singh's museum, and you won't have any trouble getting an auto or a rik because it's very close to the train station. The hotel sends a mini-bus to pick you up from the station, which is complementary. It's hard to argue with the value for money.

On the negative side, the staff have typical "Indian" manners, that is, they don't say "thanks," or "you're welcome," and when you call reception to ask a question there's a silence as if the line's gone dead, but this usually means they've gone to check something without letting you know they'll be right back. If you've been to India before, you'll understand they don't mean any offence, they just don't understand basic politeness.

There is a gym, but it only opens at 6pm, and it's effectively just a single room with a few benches and limited equipment. I didn't try the food, but when checking out they claimed I had, so please do check your final bill. One evening they sent up some visitors to my room. Unfortunately, the visitors weren't there to see me, the reception had simply given them the wrong room number! Upon arrival I checked the bathroom and it was ok, not too bad. There was only one towel, and that wasn't clean so I called room service and asked if they could sent up 2 fresh towels for my wife and I. The guy who came up brought me only one towel and I had to debate with him how the other towel wasn't clean so I'd really like 2 fresh, clean ones. He grudgingly provided me with what I asked for. It was only when I took a shower that I noticed the insects that were hovering around the shower-head.

Finally, the sockets, it was kinda funny, actually, none of the electrical sockets would work unless you jiggle them. We were only staying in Amritsar for two nights, and for the price and location, I have to say I do not regret staying at the Shiraz Regency. However, next time I'll be tempted to spend a little more and stay somewhere a little more fancy if the wife is with me. If I'm by myself, I would probably stick with this place because there's no frills, but it's really not a bad place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This time I had stayed in 253 room and this is very economical room size are very big with average facelties and service you can plan your visit and stay in low budget also along with new build rooms at third and fourth floor with great service and facelties and cleanness

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel located on the main road with rooms overseeing the road (atleast thats the one we got) was comfortable, well maintained. Clean sheats, clean towels with clean bathrooms was enough for us to rate this hotel as average. Now the flaws- (1) extremely slow tea service. However, had agreed to serve us in the middle of the night :) (2) dustbins were dirty. (3) cockroach in the tea cup, (4) ill maintained lobby, (5) varied tv service. While some rooms have LCDs, the others may have old flat screens. While some of them mayhave DTH, others mayhave cable connection. The reception people did not appear to be friendly at all without any dress code. Some were even seen sitting there in their baniyans. Overall feeling, if only rooms matter - can be suggested but dont expect a full package deal with good looking and smiling receptionists with a great lobby and great service.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms overlooking the road- airy and well lit
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

IF ONE WANTS TO STAY FOR 1-2 NIGHTS AT A CHEAP PRICE IN AMRITSAR, THEN THIS CAN BE ONE OF YOUR CHOICE. WHY? I FOUND OUT:

1) LOCATION: It is in the centre of the city. The Golden Temple is just 10 mins by paddle ricksha, the Jalianwala Bagh is 7 mins. The main shopping area for the famous Amritsari shoes( mojdis), fabric, phulkari work & shawls is only 7-10 mins. The most famous food joints( bharawan da dhaba & brother da dhaba) are again 5-7 mins away!

2) CHEAP PRICE: Reasonably priced. There are other better hotels like the Country Inn at a walkable distance from this hotel, but quite expensive.

3) SERVICE: Its not bad also because I didn't have to stay in the hotel the whole day! I ate outside, I shopped & so I spent most of my time outside the hotel. I came to the hotel only for sleeping, bathing & getting ready.

In a city like Amritsar, one spends most of the time in the touristic spots, shopping, eating, exploring the old historic monuments rather than at the hotel. So, I think this hotel is a okay choice for a few days stay.

Room Tip: The area near the lobby seems to be very crowded most of the times. So take a room on the 2nd or the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family