See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2017

hotel has very good ambiance here i stayed with my family, Good room with centrally air conditioned. food is of very good quality. in the night in restaurant live music. we enjoyed alot. must stay, full value of money

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank BehalA1
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Hotel gives a very deal. Staff is cooperative and helpful. Manager in the morning gives a very warm welcome. I visit there for my corporate work. Hospitality they shows is perfect. I will stay again with them whenever I visit in amritsar

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sunil S
navdeepsingh875, Manager at Hotel Royal Castle, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thanx sir for your valuable feedback hope for your next visit soon to serve you better again

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Worst customer service. Even the reception doesn't has the manner to talk with customers.
Old room with fungus on wall and in the bathroom.
Ac is there but of no use..it will not cool enough.
Highly priced food..but the quality of food is not so good enough.
This hotel looks good from outside but from inside it is just a waste of money.
No prompt service
No good food, highly priced menu.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2017

Please don't waste your money here..its better to burn them instead booking with Royal Castle. Not at all customer oriented. They don't know how to even speak with their guests.
Don't get confused with the ambience of reception as you will get the shock of your life when you will get the room. Rooms are that dirty as they have not been cleaned for years. You can see finger prints of glasses as they are already used.
No tea kit,No refrigerator,AC was also not working.
I had me train at 4 Pm back to Delhi and I requested reception guy o let me stay for couple of more hours,Owner standing there rigidly said "Nahi ho payega" he didnt even listen to me completely.
You will have to keep asking for the things by dialing to reception.
I have a 3 years old son with me and will have to take care for his meals also,whenever i asked to the kitchen to cook something for him ,answer was always "Nahi hai" I was not asking to make any rocket just asking to make" Alloo pyaazz ka paratha without spices .
No bouffet was there for the breakfast on very first day and the waiter was there was assuming taht i will learn the menu he told me which will be served on my tabel. I asked him what all they have twice he bluntly said"" bataya to tha abhi""
Nobody will come to escort you to the room and you will have to do it yourself and carry your luggage on your own.
Same when you will checkout..there were plenty of room boys but no one was so courteous to escort you to the exit.

I am very much disappointed with the type of service i was offered, I wasted my money.

Dont look for the hotel which is closer to railway station, look for the hotel which is in the main city and near to Golden temple as you will get everything near to Gurudwara.

As you will have to go to station only once but have to go for shopping,for food , to roam around every now and then. Its your hard earned money,,spend wisely.

Room tip: Read reviews carefully, Dont look near to railway station instead look near to tourist spots.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Hotel Royal castle is one of the old property in Amritsar but well maintained, and renovated. Food quality is awesome and there is live gala in restaurant 4 times a week according to the management. All the amenities are there and facilities are also there, They have BAR, Restaurant, Cafe and Room Service.
Must try this property whenever you came to amritsar. Easily approachable only walking distance from railway station and situated at prime location

Room tip: New Renovated rooms are best
Date of stay: January 2017