I travelled to the holy city of amritsar for a much awaited break for the mind, body and soul.
SVAASA met with all this criterion and what's more they continually managed to delight, surprise and indulge us. SVAASA is run by Mrs. Rama Ranjit Mehra and her sons, Iqbal, Vishal and Abhimanyu Mehra. Mrs Rama Mehra is a alternative medicine practitioner and the wellness spa at the hotel is modelled on those concepts. The spa offers apart from others Ayurveda panchakarma therapies, universal wellness therapies and wellness body reading consultation.
The hotel is a boutique haveli, tucked away in the heart of amritsar, a quiet hush descends on you once inside the premises. We were to our surprise upgraded to the Presidential suite despite our booking for deluxe category rooms. Our suite "KESAR DEVI" was an experience by itself. It had cable TV , world space radio, in suite dvd player as add-ons. The F&B menu at SVAASA, though limited in offerings, outdoes the limitations as far as taste and presentation are concerned.
One can dine in the hotel at the garden restuarnant as well as the Herbs cafe lounge. Patios, terraces and courtyards dotted with rattan chairs welcome you to savour your food in silence.
The therapies at the spa outdo the regular spa haunts with their range and expertise. One must try the Patthar sek-hot stones massage, jadi buti potli massage, and avail of their meridian body scan facilities. The meridian scanning helps an individual get an idea of what changes and corrections are needed by the body in form nutritional supplements and vitamins. All nutritional supplements and recommendations are self tested by Mrs.Mehra and her family and then put for distribution.
Personalised, and warm, attention of guest needs and whims by the Mehra family makes the stay at this retreat, a home away from home, with promises to meet again in hearts as we depart from SVAASA.
A must stay when in Amritsar...... if you would like to rejuvenate your soul and if little patience is your forte!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranjit's SVAASA is a creation out of a luxurious refurbishment of the 200 year old British Colonial Haveli, now plush with its characteristic boutique rooms and suites, fully equipped with modern amenities. The property also houses an award winning Spa in its restructured horse stables and cow sheds. The open courtyard plush with landscaped greenery and the rooftop organic vegetation all adorn the small yet beautiful manor. In the heart of the City, Ranjit's SVAASA is a peaceful haven to relax and cherish your holiday with authentic home cooked Punjabi food, with continental options. Enjoy meeting and interacting with the Mehra's, the Royal family descendants who personally manage and run this place making it a rich home away from home experience. Enjoy playing with the family dog or listening to the chirping birds or seeing the green parrots flying around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ranjit's SVAASA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Heritage Ranjit`s Svaasa Hotel Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Hotel