Well, I don’t agree with the last reviewer as the staff including the owners were very soft and courteous. We had stayed at Svaasa Suit called Dev Chand and were given a replacement once they found that the Geyser wend faulty.
The suit was designed very ethnic infact I guess Dev Chand is the best available suit in the SPA. It was very spacious with a separate compartment for an extra bed. It had fruits and herbal tea available with very nice perfume of Incense spread over the place.
Upon arrival we had a warm welcome with a Mouli (a orange thread considered auspicious) tied on the wrists and a herbal tea. Jasvinder, the front officer greeted us with a smile. Then we were served very tasty and homely lunch - a very very personalised approach.
We almost got everything that we had asked for during the stay except of a shaving cream/razor which they never bothered to arrange inspite of the repeated requests which is less expected considering the rents that were paid.
You must try booking one of the Svaasa Suits as these are spacious with better ambience and decor compared to normal rooms.
We had also loved the ethnic ambience of the place with wonderful incense spread across which made things look as if we were a part of a colonial bungalow.
Inspite of the above good points there were certain dents to this not so luxurious property which was relatively high priced considering Amritsar City.
1. The buffet breakfast was very limited and you may get disappointed incase you are used to 5star buffet. There was only one person managing the breakfast infact on one of the days the bread slice got burnt as the girl was serving other guests.
2. Its a small property incase one is looking for a bigger hotel.
3. There is no TV available in the rooms. So not suited for small children or people looking for such entertainment media.
4. The place is relatively far from Golden temple and even an Auto charges close to Rs. 100 which is somehow difficult to find and rickshaw is also inconvenient considering the condition of the roads.
5. The spa closes by 7 pm which is very unlikely of a hotel as you normally return from your daily excursions after that time.
But upon complete evaluation, it was a worthwhile experience and also one can experience peace and tranquility by staying close to this family which is running this spa.
Needless to say, I also than efforts of Varun from welcome heritage who had booked this property for me.
You may contact Mr. Dadhwal for the local sightseeing, traveling to Wagah Border and visiting Taran Taran a wonderful place 25 kms from Amritsar. On the way our driver drove in-between the local villages which were a wonderful sight in between yellow flower covered farms. Mr. Dadhwal could be contacted on :[----].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranjit's SVAASA is a creation out of a luxurious refurbishment of the 200 year old British Colonial Haveli, now plush with its characteristic boutique rooms and suites, fully equipped with modern amenities. The property also houses an award winning Spa in its restructured horse stables and cow sheds. The open courtyard plush with landscaped greenery and the rooftop organic vegetation all adorn the small yet beautiful manor. In the heart of the City, Ranjit's SVAASA is a peaceful haven to relax and cherish your holiday with authentic home cooked Punjabi food, with continental options. Enjoy meeting and interacting with the Mehra's, the Royal family descendants who personally manage and run this place making it a rich home away from home experience. Enjoy playing with the family dog or listening to the chirping birds or seeing the green parrots flying around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Ranjit's SVAASA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Heritage Ranjit`s Svaasa Hotel Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Hotel