We had a wonderful stay.
The staff was very welcoming. Our room was clean and furnished nicely with furniture that reflected the period and nature of the hotel.
The general open areas were nicely done with both furniture and many period items that added a charming home like feel so that it was not like a commercial hotel.
All the food at the hotel was prepared to order and served with attentive courtesy.
We had a wonderful guide organised by the hotel. We were lucky to see the most holy and special part of the Golden Temple and the ceremony which the sacred book is placed in safekeeping for the night. Earlier that day he had taken us to see the India / Pakistan border closing which was a memorable experience. The next day we again saw the Golden Temple in the daylight (which is a must) including the back rooms and kitchens that serve thousands of pilgrims each day. We also saw two Hindu Temples, a very interesting museum and did some shopping.
I have taken time to highlight the tours because it reflects the commitment of the hotel to provide a full value added experience.
Finally, we had a massage in the spa that was one of the best ever.
We highly recommend this propery for those looking for a more personal experience.
Thanks for your help in making this a trip we will always remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranjit's SVAASA is a creation out of a luxurious refurbishment of the 200 year old British Colonial Haveli, now plush with its characteristic boutique rooms and suites, fully equipped with modern amenities. The property also houses an award winning Spa in its restructured horse stables and cow sheds. The open courtyard plush with landscaped greenery and the rooftop organic vegetation all adorn the small yet beautiful manor. In the heart of the City, Ranjit's SVAASA is a peaceful haven to relax and cherish your holiday with authentic home cooked Punjabi food, with continental options. Enjoy meeting and interacting with the Mehra's, the Royal family descendants who personally manage and run this place making it a rich home away from home experience. Enjoy playing with the family dog or listening to the chirping birds or seeing the green parrots flying around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Ranjit's SVAASA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Heritage Ranjit`s Svaasa Hotel Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Hotel