All reviews lawrence road kanha sweets non vegetarian air condition papad golden temple quality of food beautiful property mouth watering value for money railway station nice stay hospitality desi hv market rates
Reviewed January 30, 2018

This hotel doesn't deserve to be in service industry. They simply do not know the meaning of 'Service'. I faced one of my worst hotel experience here!
So, I was staying in Amritsar for 2 nights. Since it was a long weekend, there was a paucity of rooms and all tariffs were jacked up and I had booked whichever I could find cheaper. On first night, I stayed in Hotel Lawrence, which is in same lane as that of Avaas Lifestyle Hotel. For second night, I had booked in Hotel Avaas Lifestyle.
While checking in, Mr. Nitin Sharma at the reception made a statement, "This is a 4 star hotel and you will find a huge difference in this hotel and other hotels." Obviously I found a huge difference, however the bad one over here was Avaas Lifestyle. Let me explain how pathetic they were point by point:
1. I checked in at around 8 pm and inspite of seeing couple of bags in my hand, the Manager didn't bother to send a staff along with me to help with the luggage
2. He gave me check in card to open the room door, however it was not activated. I had to struggle for around 10 minutes thinking I am inserting the card in an inappropriate manner. Had they sent someone along, this could have been averted. So I had to call for room service even before checking in!
3. The water jug kept in the room was not cleaned since ages! It has fungus inside it and was stinking so badly. Fortunately, I opened it and saw before pouring the water to drink
4. The tea maker was so dirty that it was not cleaned for ages
5. I went and made a complaint to Mr. Nitin Sharma (Reception). He just laughed that it's not possible and asked me to write a mail about same! Like Seriously? Anyways, I wrote a detailed mail on 27.01.2018 and today being 31.01.2018, I am yet to get a reply from this hotel. The worst thing is, even after the complaint, the guy didnt bother to change to dirty jug! I am very sure it is lying there for the next guest.
6. The floorings in the room are all broken. It is unfit to be called 4 star hotel! Pathetic experience and I would never ever recommend it to anyone!
The staff is really arrogant and not helpful at all. The rooms are too small.

Room Tip: Avoid road side room. You won't be able to sleep
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2018

* Had booked 2 rooms here ,we had booked 1 room through oyo and one directly.
* Always book this hotel for breakfast checkin if reaching early,
* Its located very strategically, - ATM in the front, market is 100 mts distance, next to Kanha Sweets (known for Desi Ghee everything) ,
* Reception staff was very courteous and directed me on the direction and fares for amritsar.
* Breakfast buffet was awesome, unlimited and served very well.
* Autos , battery operated rickshaws and taxis are available .
* Had taken the GovindGarh fort tickets and show from here itself. - A must see in amritsar.
* OVER ALL - I FOUND THIS PLACE TO BE VALUE OF MONEY AND THE STAY WAS PLEASANT

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank saurabh1973
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Just terrible. No proper beds are provided. When asked for bedding, we were told to do it ourselves. Too rude way to talk to guests. No water provided even though asked for it 5times. Flush doesn’t work and the room smells like a mess and efforts are not taken to clean it even before giving it to the next guests.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank HetaS27
Reviewed January 11, 2018

Worst hotel experience till date.

Stayed there in Dec 2017.Booked this hotel from Agoda (room only). when we checked in the room we got (room no 311) was pathetic. It was dark, suffocated room with real bad bathroom. You can see the pics attached.

Next day the changed the room after lot of complaints. New room was good but we already lost one night.

First thing we they said to us while checking-in that the breakfast is complementary, "sir breakfast hamara complementary hai" but during the checkout he started asking for money for breakfast. Though we booked room only but since they suggested that breakfast complementary we had breakfast in hotel. After lot of arguments finally I slapped the money on this counter as I was to leave early for a long day. This front desk guy did not even provided the receipt. When I asked for receipt kept me waiting for long so finally I left without receipt. May be he kept this money for his own.

These are actually their cheating practices; instead of paying for the discomfort of first night they are making money by feeding wrong information.

Good part is that the location is very good, in the main market, food was good overall but they also served rotten juice once.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you really have no other option left be aware of cheating practices.

Room Tip: Avoid this property.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank hari b
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

This Hotel does not have the worth to review even.You want to beg for basic necessities which are torn towels or dirty linen poor service then this is the apt place.Only location is a plus point and of course The Chef needs an applaud for his work which I hope if served promptly and without attitude would compensate the chef's labour put in to please his guests.
Blunder is another word for this type of hotel...Hospitality industry will be ashamed of it.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family