“Should add spa like in Hyatt Amritsar formally ISTA Hotel”

Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Delhi
“Should add spa like in Hyatt Amritsar formally ISTA Hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We wanted to stay in Holiday inn amritsar since it has larger rooms than Hyatt hotel ( small rooms) .. but dropped the idea because it does not have a spa .. since amritsar is a small city and as a frequent city visitor, u cant spend all the time wandering ,so its a good idea to relax in a spa which Hyatt Hotel provides with a better location next to Alpha One Shopping Mall. I would suggest Holiday inn to tie up with a spa brand soon ..

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luv2324
KUNAL36, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for for your feedback and suggestion which is very important for a new hotel like ours to keep adding value to our customers. The Holiday Inn hotel family is a full service, mid market brand and we do not operate a SPA in the hotel as per our brand standards. We have other brands in our portfolio like InterContinental/Crowne Plaza hotels where we do provide extensive SPA facilities.

We look forward to seeing you at our hotel on your next visit to Amritsar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were earlier booked at the Hyatt for a family holiday, due to some last minute reservation hiccups we changed our reservation to Holiday Inn. We had a fairly smooth checkin and the rooms were modern and comfortable. Our room was overlooking a very nice park. But one major issue was that there was work going on the higher floors and that was very annoying and disturbing. In spite of repeated complaints they continued with the work. Like most hotels, they should have warned us about the same when we checked in and during the stay.
There is a local eatery called Kulchaland which is very popular and at a walking distance. Dhaba kind of food but extremely tasty. The hotel has an Italian restaurant called Bella Italia Trattoria. The food and service was ok. The hotel is located about 15-30 minutes ( depending on traffic) away from the Golden Temple.
We wanted to go to the swimming pool area but were told it has not yet opened. Once the hotel is fully operational I am sure this will be a great choice of hotel in Amritsar.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KUNAL36, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your constructive and detailed feedback on Trip Advisor which acts as a learning tool in our constant endeavor to exceed guest expectations. I do regret to note that we were not able to sucessfully communicate that our pool and guestrooms are undergoing maintenance although we have put this information on our website. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused, during your stay.

Look forward to seeing you once again at the hotel on your next visit to Amritsar.
Kolkata
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had lunch once at this hotel on our visit to Amritsar and I regret it. The food was not up to the standard. The two bowls which were supposed to contain ice cream were empty and the staff never bothered to fill those. Nor did they ask us if we would like to have ice cream. They also did not show much courtesy and were busy talking among themselves. I think I would have enjoyed the lunch far more if I were in a road-side dhaba.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DebasishKolkata
KUNAL36, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the candid feedback for us improve. I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer and our services at Ziva. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in Ziva in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We checked in at lounge & restaurant around 11 pm for drinks and food, but just after we were served with the first drink, we were told that bar has closed. We were also told to quickly eat food as half of the lights in the restaurant and front hall along with the washroom were turned off. I think that was to hint guests hanging around in the lounge, and or Ziva, all day dining restaurant that its time to pack up and leave.

I have no clue where there purported Bella Italian Trattoria restaurant was.

So we asked an attendant serving us whether we can order more drinks and food in the hotel room (if we were to book one), and we were told yes we can do that. Went off to the front desk to ask about the room and we were told that room is available at standard price of INR 6700 plus taxes. I walked back to my table in the restaurant to discuss, and within 5 minutes I was back at the front desk to book it, however I was told that there is no room available for us. I asked to see duty manager, however the rude night duty manager was of no help. We paid off our restaurant bill that came close to INR 5100 and walked out of the sham!!

I was ready to be their member by paying around INR 7000 since I live in Amritsar, however I was terribly disappointed with their staff and their pathetic service to be honest and would never ever go their again. Nor will I ever recommend it to anyone!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KUNAL36, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your review, our hotel does review and address these situations very carefully. Please contact me on kunal.shanker@ihg.com so I may obtain additional details about your experience. We will investigate all the facts based on this information and share our response
with you and actions taken.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had heard that the food in Amritsar was great, but had not expected the restaurants within the Holiday Inn to serve such tasty food. We were very pleasantly surprised ! Not just the in restaurant dining, but the room service was very good too, with the Chef willing to oblige with the modifications requested for medical reasons.

The rooms were not just large, but attractive too and the cleanliness and maintenance super.

If the property had been closer to the Golden Temple, would certainly have awarded it 5 stars

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It gives our team much joy in knowing that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future return to Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue
Reviewed January 25, 2014

New hotel which has come up recently , my friend recommended it to me as my foreign friends were paying a visit , do I was in a dilemma wether to go for it or not so that they have a pleasant stay.
I searched it on tripadvisor and it was #1 in search so that made me firm in believing that it has got something in it .
Nice property got booked a deluxe room with breakfast , nice interiors and room were plush got a pool side view room . Toilets neat and clean .
My freiburg were amazed to see what holiday innn had to offer.
Morning breakfast was a good spread with buffet ranging from continental and Indian breakfast . The dining area had a huge facade and the kitchen was open .
I would recommend everybody who visits Amritsar and needs a hotel to stay should definitely get their reservation done.
I would surly when next time I am planning a visit.
Truly a world class experience and to top it off a Perfect Stay at a reasonable price :))

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank IFILLCAVITIES
We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We at the hotel and as a brand differentiate ourself from other brands/hotels by bringing the holiday inn amritsar brand to life through the experience we deliver i.e. warm, genuine, friendly and real service to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, on your next visit to Amritsar.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were not meant to be in Amritsar but had to stop by for a night. I randomly called some hotels and Holiday Inn had a room available. And the whole stay was a complete surprise for me. Having been in other Holiday Inn's in India and overseas I could not help but compare this hotel with all the other Holiday Inn's - it stood out for its impeccable service, the ultra-modern room and the brilliant food. My compliments to the chef. No matter what we ate, the taste was brilliant (and not 'punjabi' as one would expect in Amritsar". The service, from the driver to the front desk to the restaurant, was world class and could not have been better. It was a short stay and a revealation of sorts - that a Holiday Inn could be so good. If I were to visit Amritsar again and if i were to look for a regular hotel ( as opposed to a quaint boutique one) I would pick this one with my eyes closed. Perhaps its only drawback is the location - I am not familiar with Amritsar, but while the roads in front were wide and empty, it seemed to be in some sort of a commercial area. Not sure but it could be quite busy in the day.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. Our overlooked the pool. I guess the ones overlooking the road may b...