“Our best meal in India!”
Review of Sarhad

Sarhad
Ranked #22 of 360 Restaurants in Amritsar
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lovely authentic India- Pakistan food, fully licensed bar. Wonderful architecture (pre-partition), truck art (painted by world famous artist), murals (largest Mural in India). Upcoming Indo-Pak Peace Museum
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Our best meal in India!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited Sarhad after the border ceremony and had an absolutley delicious meal - the food was amazing - some of the best we had on our Indian trip, very good value and the staff were very attentive. The resturant itself was very clean and grounds beautifully kept and reflects Sarhad's philosophy as a place of Peace. I would recommend a meal at Sarhad as a must do for anyone visiting the border, or even if not visiting the border worth the drive from Amristar!
Can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sophie G

Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
“i felt i was back in time before 1947 ..”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

wagah border and golden temple are not the only things that make amrtisar famous..in addition to all the local street food is a new restaurant with a concept like no other and food as unique as its name SARHAD. our first visit there was a like trip back in time before 1947..where else in india would i get to savour a mixture of both indian and peshwari (read pakistani) cuisine without having to cross the border. i am a pure non vegetarian and this is the only place where i enjoyed the vegetarian food as much as the non veg offered.we also got a chance to meet with the owner and amazing host aman jaspal and hats off to him for bringing such a concept in terms of food and place...three cheers for sarhad :-)

• Visited December 2012
Chandigarh, India
“Sarhad”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was there a few days ago ,wonderful food ,wonderful staff,wonderful experience .Sarhad is unique in it's philosophy as an eating place.well worth a visit on your way to or from the boarder.

• Visited February 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“timeless & border-less 'Sikh-Islam Mysticism'...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Being a wondering dervish, it becomes rather hard to lay your hand on anything that spells materialism. However, a visit to 'Sarhad' does not put you on a guilt trip; neither a one that pinches your pockets, nor the one that intellects pretence. The facade satisfies your senses with simplicity and originality, a view you can date to the pre- partition period. The ambience comforts you with a meaningful experience. Following the seating ritual, I was provided with prompt, professional and a sincere service. The menu is reasonably optioned and descriptive; it includes some exquisite lahori & punjabi dishes that were long forgotten. I kept my order simple, but to my surprise my simple order was presented extravagantly, satisfying my primary senses. Every bite that followed left a pronounced taste. Having finished my main course, I was offered to try their desserts, and predictably the dessert was tuned with a lasting sweetness. I was greeted and thanked till the door step & was departed, surely to meet again. Overall, this melting point reflects the timeless bond of the Sikh-Islam food & culture.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Pahul A
Chandigarh, India
“Awesome ambience Delicious food!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

When i made a trip to Amritsar the only things on my mind were to visit the golden temple and the Wagah Border. On my way to Wagah border we happened to halt at Sarhad only to make it the first thing on my mind wen I visit amritsar again. i dont remember having such delicious food in a very long time. The unique ambience, gorgeous menu,delicious food, just made it a perfect experience. it was the first time i had a lahori thaali and totally loved it.More than that it brought a perfect smile on my grandparents face who couldn help reminiscing their childhood in lahore. Sarhad is a perfect blend of indo-Pak culture and food and definitely a Must visit for everyone who visits Amritsar. Well done Sarhad!

• Visited February 2013